Testing the Validity of the Travel and Tourism Competitiveness Index in the World Economic Forum with Classical and Fuzzy Data Envelopment Analyses
Languages of publication
Tourism revenue is an extremely important source of income in terms of countries. At this point, each country competes with other countries in its selected field. The Travel and Tourism Competitiveness Index (TTCI) is an indicator which reveals who is better, and this index constitutes the order of countries. In this study focuses on the competitive ranking alternative to the Tourism Competitiveness Index (TTCI). Fuzzy Data Envelopment Analysis (FDEA) was used for this purpose.
- Akgoz, E. (2007), Reputation Management Of Tourism Companies As A Competing Medium In Crisis Periods, “Journal of Azerbaijani Studies”, Vol. 10, No. 3, 158-180.
- Chen, J.J. (2001), Analysis on Regional Tourism Competition, “Journal of Guangdong University Of Business Studies”, Vol. 03, 51-53.
- Hadad, S., Hadad, Y., Malul, M. (2012), The Economic Efficiency Of The Tourism Industry: A Global Comparison, “Tourism Economics”, Vol. 18, No. 5, 931-940.
- Kao, C., Liu, S. (2000), Fuzzy Efficiency Measures In Data Envelopment Analysis, “Fuzzy Sets and Systems”, Vol. 113, Iss. 3, 427-437.
- Oruc, K.O., Gungor, I. (2010), Comparison Of Fuzzy Data Envelopment Analysis Models: For Interval Data, “Suleyman Demirel University The Journal Of Faculty Of Economics And Administrative Sciences”, Vol. 15, No. 2, 417-442.
- Patsouratis, V., Frangouli, Z., Anastasopoulos, G. (2005), Competition In Tourism Among The Mediterranean Countries, “Applied Economics”, Vol. 37, Iss. 16, 1865-1870.
- Sengupta, J.K. (1992), A Fuzzy Systems Approach In Data Envelopment Analysis, “Computers & Mathematics With Applications”, Vol. 24, Iss. 8-9, 259-266.
- Switzerland. World Economic Forum (2013). The Travel & Tourism Competitiveness Report. Geneva, World Economic Forum.
- World Travel & Tourism Council (2013), Travel & Tourism Economic Impact 2013 World, UK.
Publication order reference