Główne aspekty działalności społeczno-kulturalnej w salezjańskiej parafii św. Krzyża w międzywojennych Kielcach
The main aspects of the socio – cultural activity in the Salesian st. Cross parish in the interwar Kielce
Languages of publication
The diverse activities of the Salesian Congregation grew from the initiative of its founder – St. John Bosco. Salesians were invited to Kielce by bishop Augustyn Łosiński in 1918. It was their first religious home and parish in the Russian zone. After creating the carpentry department in 1920, the school was converted to the craft – boys could be trained in the profession of tailor, cobbler and carpenter. In 1928 there were left only two departments – carpentry and tailoring, both very popular across the Polish boys. But the Salesian institution is not only the school itself, but also a special kind of educational institution – Oratory. The J. Bosco Salesian Oratory in Kielce was created on 8th September 1920, thanks to the effort of Paul Bazgier. Several years later Wojciech Michałowicz decided to take the trouble to build a new building of the school, so it could be transformed into gymnasium. The tailoring school construction project was approved by the Regional Office in Kielce 6 XII 1938. The governor appointed Salesian High School Building Committee to commemorate the twentieth Anniversary of the Independence. Unfortunately this initiative was interrupted by the outbreak of World War II.
Publication order reference