Nowe metody zarządzania procesowego w ochronie zdrowia
Modern methods of process management at healthcare facilities
Languages of publication
Healthcare facilities are increasingly drawing on modern management methods and tools to raise effectiveness of performed therapeutic processes, and to optimize their costs, duration and resources. This article aims at demonstrating the possibilities and the advantages resulting from using business process management tools in practice of healthcare centers. The presented process models described the independent decisions that the medical personnel made in their day-to-day operations and - from the process modelling phase - mechanisms of controlling and obtaining knowledge on the actual performance of a selected therapy. In the subsequent stages, by using process mining tools, it will be possible to recreate selected therapeutic processes and use them as knowledge sources during similar cases. The main aim of this research set at the beginning - searching for the „ideal” therapeutic process, was abandoned during the implementation. After the first failed attempts to create a detailed model of a process, the objective of the project was changed to modeling processes in a way to enable their adaptation to the needs of a specific performance, while still retaining the possibility of obtaining practical and useful knowledge.
- Aalst W.M.P. van der, Dustdar S., Process Mining Put Into Context, „Internet Computing, IEEE” 2012, Vol. 16, No. 1, s. 82-86, http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/MIC.2012.12.
- Belaychuk A., ACM: Paradigm Or Feature?, 2011, http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?&lo=SP&from=&to=pl&a=http%3A%2F%2Fmainthing.ru%2Ftag%2Facm%2F.
- Belaychuk A., BPM Frontier: Dynamic Processes, 2010 http://mainthing.ru/?s=BPM+Frontier%3A+Dynamic+Processes; M.J. Pucher, Agile-, AdHoc-, Dynamic-, Social-, or Adaptive BPM, 2010, http://isismjpucher.wordpress.com/2010/03/30/dynamic-vs-adaptive-bpm/.
- Business Process Management Suites (BPMSs), http://www.gartner.com/it-glossary/bpms-business-process-management-suite/.
- Davenport T.H., Short J.E., The New Industrial Engineering: Information Technology and Business Process Redesign, „Sloan Management Review” 1990, Vol. 31, No. 4, s. 11-27.
- Di Ciccio C., Marrella A., Russo A., Knowledge-intensive Processes: An Overview of Contemporary Approaches?, 2012, http://ceur-ws.org/Vol-861/KiBP2012_paper_2.pdf.
- Diaz J., BPM Labels, 2013, http://bpmjourney.com/2013/08/bpm-labels/?goback=.gde_161666_member_264677107.
- Dutt S., Improving Business Process? - Lessons from GE, Motorola, Apple and General Motors, 2015, http://live.icmgworld.com/index.php/blogs/entry/improving-business-process-lessons-from-ge-motorola-apple-and-general-motors.html.
- Earls A., The evolution of human-centric BPM, 2011, http://www.ebizq.net/topics/bpm_technology_implementation/features/13277.html.
- Hidden Factory: Activities that reduce the quality or efficiency of a manufacturing operation or business process, but are not initially known to managers or others seeking to improve the process, http://www.businessdictionary.com/definition/hidden-factory.html.
- Kemsley S., Empowering Business Roles For Dynamic BPM, 2013, http://column2.com/2013/04/empowering-business-roles-for-dynamic-bpm/.
- Kemsley S., Hidden costs of unstructured processes #GartnerBPM, 2009, http://column2.com/2009/10/hidden-costs-of-unstructured-processes-gartnerbpm/.
- Knudson G., BPM-based Case Management Frameworks, 2014, http://www.bizflow.com/bpm-software/blog/BPM-based-case-management-frameworks-CMF.
- Knudson G., The Difference between BPM and Case Management, 2014, http://www.bizflow.com/bpm-software/blog/bpm-suite-and-case-management-applications.
- Mans R., Aalst W., Vanwersch R., Process mining in a Healthcare. Evaluation and exploiting operational healthcare processes. Springer, Heidelberg 2015.
- Miller J.G., Vollmann T.E., The Hidden Factory, „Harvard Business Review” 1985, September, http://hbr.org/1985/09/the-hidden-factory/ar/1.
- OMG, Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN), 2011, http://www.omg.org/spec/BPMN/2.
- Pande P.S., Neuman R.P., Cavanagh R.R., The Six Sigma Way, The McGraw-Hill Companies 2000.
- Process Mining Manifesto, 2012, http://www.win.tue.nl/ieeetfpm/doku.php?id=shared:process_mining_manifesto.
- Pucher M.J., Gartner Group 2020: The De-routinization of Work, 2010, http://isismjpucher.wordpress.com/2010/11/12/the-future-of-work/.
- Remus U., Schub S., A Blueprint for the Implementation of Process-oriented Knowledge Management, „Knowledge and Process Management” 2003, Vol. 10, No. 4, s. 237-253, http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/kpm.182.
- Stutz E., The Future of BPM: 7 Predictions, 2014, http://www.bpm.com/Blogs/the-future-of-bpm.html;
- Szelągowski M., Becoming a Learning Organization through dynamic BPM, „Journal of Entrepreneurship, Management and Innovation” 2014, Vol. 10, No. 1, s. 147-166, http://dx.doi.org/10.2139/ssrn.2578670.
- Szelągowski M., Dynamic BPM - a Definition, 2014, http://www.bpmleader.com/2014/08/07/dynamic-bpm-%E2%80%95-a-definition/.
- Ukelson J., Adaptive Case Management over Business Process Management, 2010, http://it.toolbox.com/blogs/lessons-process-management/adaptive-case-management-over-business-process-management-40002.
Publication order reference