Pirate television stations in the years 1990-1994
Languages of publication
The history of pirate, illegal television stations in Poland is presented here against the broader background of systemic transformations (both political and legal). According to the author of the article, it was an inevitable phenomenon, closely linked to the creation of the foundations of a democratic, lawful state with free-market economy. They were a factor which enforced acceleration of political change, legislative works and affected the change of the programming offer. Although pirate television stations were a short-lived phenomenon, they had huge impact on the later development of electronic media in Poland.
- (ab) (1990), Lokalna TV komercyjna. [in:] Gazeta Wyborcza, 21-22 July 1990.
- (knysz) (1991) 350 podań o radio i telewizję. [in:] Gazeta Wyborcza, 20 March 1991.
- (knysz) (1991a), Żyjemy w zawieszeniu. [in:] Gazeta Wyborcza, 15 April 1991.
- (rs) (1989), Powroty do radia i telewizji. [in:] Gazeta Wyborcza, 3 October 1989.
- (szczyp) (1992), Telewizja Chojeckiego. [in:] Gazeta Wyborcza, 14 August 1992.
- 700 czeka na ustawę, (1991) Gazeta Wyborcza, 29-30 June 1991.
- Act on Committee of Radio and Television “Polish Radio and Television” of 2 December 1960, Journal of Laws of 1960, no. 54, item 307.
- Act on control of publications and performances of 31 July 1981, Journal of Laws of 1981, no. 20, item 99.
Publication order reference