Salezjanie w Główczycach (1950-2010), w Stowięcinie (1950-1998) oraz w Cecenowie (1950-1998)
Salesians in Główczyce (1950-2010), in Stowięcino (1951-1998) and in Cecenowo (1959-1998)
Languages of publication
In the years 1950 – 2010 there were 11 parish priests managing the parish in Główczyce on behalf of the Salesian Order. In 1952 a new pastoral institution in Stowiecin was separated, and then in 1959 still a new pastoral institution in Cecenów was created out of it. Due to anticlerical policies of the state, the formal establishment of a separate parish in Stowięcin was not created until 25 Jan 1968, and in Cecenowie until 2 Oct 1973. First as independent vicars, and then, after creating parishes, 6 Salesians priests managed Stowięcino and 9 Cecenowo as parish priests. As the support staff there were 35 Salesian priests in Główczyce, 7 in Stowięcino, and 2 in Cecenowo. Then, there were 16 seminarians in Główczyce, 17 in Stowięcin and 1 in Cecenowo caring out their pedagogical pastoral practice. Additionally, 5 coadjutors to Główczyce and 1 to Cecenowo were sent to assist the pastors. So far, the Salesians have only worked in Główczyce, while the parishes Stowięcino and Cecenowo were transferred to the Diocese of Pelplin in 1998. In all three parishes taking care of groups of Living Rosary. Without neglecting the mission to the youth, they organized altar boys groups, choirs, or youth groups, then they also gathered children and the youth in oratorios. What is more, in Główczyce the Movement Light of Life developed rapidly.
Publication order reference