THE USEFULNESS OF MULTINOMIAL LOGIT MODELS IN EXAMINING THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN THE OWNERSHIP FORM OF AGRICULTURAL ENTERPRISES AND THEIR FINANCIAL-ECONOMIC RESULTS
Languages of publication
From the year 1994 onwards, the magazine "Nowe Życie Gospodarcze" has been publishing financial-economical data of the best three hundred agricultural enterprises selected from groups of such enterprises that had chosen to participate. Makers of these lists have taken into account enterprises which have come into being from the property of state treasury in the nineteen nineties. The present paper takes up the problem of utilizing (to a rather limited extent) of multinomial logit models for studying the relation between the ownership form of agricultural enterprises and some financial-economic characteristics, describing economic effectiveness.
- Cramer J.S. (2001) An Introduction to the Logit Model for Economists, TCL, London.
- Cramer J.S. (2003) Logit Models from Economics and Other Fields, Cambridge Univ. Press, Cambridge.
- Dudek H., Dybciak M. (2006) Application of the Logit Model to Analyze the Test Results, Zesz. Nauk. Ek. i Org.Gosp. Żywn., No. 60, Warsaw, p. 81-92 (in Polish).
- Encyclopedia of Statistical Sciences (2008) J.Wiley&Sons.
- Franc-Dąbrowska J. (2008) Separation of Property from Management and Efficiency of the Management of Selected Factors of Production, Roczniki Nauk Rolniczych, Serie G, T.95, z.3 / 4, p. 70 – 82 (in Polish).
- Grontkowska A. (2007) Changes in Assets and Results of ANR’s Partnership Enterprises in the Years 1996 - 2005, R.N.R., S. G, T.94, z.1, p. 66 – 73 (in Polish).
- Gruszczyński M. (2002) Models and Forecasts of Qualitative Variables in Finance and Banking, OWSGH, Warsaw (in Polish).
- Guzewicz W., Kulawik J., Osuch D. (2006) How the Ranking has Been Made. Methodological Notes, N. Ż. Gosp., 22/430 (App. “Lista 300”) p. 24-25 (in Polish).
- Leopold A., Ziętara W. (1999) The Fifth List, Nowe Życie Gospodarcze, 39/227, p. 19 – 25 (in Polish).
- Long S. (1997) Regression Models for Categorical and Limited Dependent Variables, Sage Publ., Thousand Oaks, London.
- Manski C.F., McFadden D. (eds.) (1977) Structural Analysis of Discrete Data with Econometric Applications, MIT Press, Cambridge, Mass.
- Mikhail M.B., Walther B.R., Willis R.H. (1998) Does forecast accuracy matter to analysts, Social Science Research Network Electronic Library, www.ssrn.com.
- Seo S.N., Mendelsohn R. (2008) An analysis of crop choice: Adapting to climate change in South American farms, Ecological Economics, 67, pp.109-116.
- Theil H. (1969) A Multinomial Extension of the Linear Logit Model, International Economic Review, 10, pp. 251-259.
Publication order reference