Regionalne zróżnicowanie stóp zwrotu z wykształcenia w Europie
Regional diversification of returns to education in Europe
Languages of publication
The main aim of the paper is estimation of the Mincer equation parameters for European countries. The Mincer equation describes the impact of years of schooling and the work experience to the wages. The estimates of that equation were obtained using cross-section data for selected European in 2002 and 2010. Obtained results show huge differences returns to education in European countries. It seems that countries with better labor market outcomes can be characterized by lower rates to education. The variation of estimated rates stayed unchanged in analyzed period.
- Hanushek E.A., Woessmann L., The economics of international differences in educational achievement, NBER Working Paper 2010/15949.
- Hausman J.A., Taylor W.E., Panel Data and Unobservable Individual Effects, Econometrica 1981/49 (6), s. 1377–1398.
- International Standard Classifications: ISCO-08, vol. 1, International Labour Office, Geneva 2012.
- Krueger A.B., Lindahl M., Education for Growth: Why and For Whom?, Journal of Economic Literature 2001/39, s. 1101–1136.
- Lemieux T., The Mincer Equation Thirty Years after Schooling, Experience, and Earnings, [w:] S. Grossbard-Shechtman (ed.), Jacob Mincer, A Pioneer of Modern Labour Economics, Springer Verlag, New York 2006, s. 127–145.
- Mincer J., Investment in human capital and personal income distribution, The Journal of Political Economy 1958/66 (4), s. 281–302.
- Mincer J., Schooling, Experience and Earnings, National Bureau of Economic Research, New York 1974.
- Moretti E., Estimating the social return to higher education: evidence from longitudinal and repeated cross-sectional data, Journal of Econometrics 2004/121, s. 175–212.
- Psacharopoulos G., Returns to investment in education: a global update, World Development 1994/22 (9), s. 1325–1343.
- Psacharopoulos G., Patrinos H.A., Returns to Investment in Education: A Further Update, Education Economics 2004/12/2, s. 111–134.
- Strauss H., de La Maisonneuve Ch., The wage premium on tertiary education: New estimates for 21 OECD countries, OECD 2007.
Publication order reference