Działalność Rady Ministrów Wspólnot Europejskich w dziedzinie kultury w latach 80. XX w.
Activities of the Council of Ministers of the European Communities in the Field of Culture in the 80s
Languages of publication
The European integration processes have had over the years many shapes, faces and, masks. European politicians noticed, as late as at the turn of 70s and 80s of 20th century that culture can signifi cantly influence the social life, economy, as well as international relations. At that time, however, they did not formulate any proposals of specific activity which could have lifted culture to supranational position, and the culture remained in the realm of national policies. In the early 80s, Ministers of Culture of the European countries, dissatisfied with cultural policy of the European Community, or rather lack of it, informally established intergovernmental Council of the Ministers. The council was announcing resolutions and recommendations for the European Commission, European Parliament, and European Council. The objective of this paper is analysis of the pioneering role of Ministers of Culture in integration processes at culture level. The research reveals that the intellectual and political work and influence of Ministers played a pivotal role in formulating the first paradigm of the Community’s cultural policy. They were also instrumental in creating fi rst programmes directed to culture and cultural operators in Europe.
- Bossuat Gérard, L’experience Europeene. 50 ans de construction de l’Europe: 1957–2007, Nomos, Paris 2010.
- Calligaro Oriane, Negotiating Europe. EU Promotion of Europeannes since the 1950s, Palgrave Macmillian, London 2013.
- Charbonneau Nicolas, Guimier Laurent, Docteur Jack et Minister Lang, Le Cherche Midi, Paris 2004.
- Commission of the European Community Completing the Internal Market: White Paper from the Commission to the European Council, COM (85) 310 Final (June 1985).
- Community program for the development of the specialized information market in Europe, OJ L 314, 4.12.1984, s. 19.
- Cultural Policy in France, report by the panel of European experts by R. Wangermée, Council of Europe, Strasbourg 1991.
- Dyrektywa Telewizja bez granic, Dz. Urz. WE, L 298/23, 17.10.1989.
- Fisher H., Questions about the vision of Melina Mercouri, http://ecoc.poieinkaiprattein.org/Institution-of-European-Capital-of-Culture/the-vision-of-melina-mercouri/questions-about-the-vision-of-melina-mercouri/ (dostęp 10.03.2015).
- Gierat-Bieroń Bożena, André Malraux – gaullizm w kulturze, „Forum Europejskie”, nr 5/2003, s. 127–136.
- Gierat-Bieroń Bożena, Europejskie Miasto Kultury/Europejska Stolica Kultury, Instytut Dziedzictwa/Narodowe Centrum Kultury, Kraków 2009.
- Glondys Danuta, Europejska Stolica Kultury. Miejsce kultury w polityce Unii Europejskiej, Attyka, Kraków 2010.
- Fumaroli Marc, Państwo kulturalne. Religia nowoczesności, Universitas, Kraków 2008.
- Littloz-Monnet Anabelle, European Cultural Policy: A French Creation?, “French Politics”, Vol. 1, No. 2, s. 255–278.
- Littloz-Monnet Annabelle, The European Union and Culture: between Economic Regulation and Cultural Policy, Manchester University Press, Manchester 2007.
- Mercouri Melina, I was born Greek, Hodders & Stoughton, London 1971.
- Psychogiopoulou Evangelia, Cultural Governnance and the European Union. Protecting and Promoting Cultural Diversity in Europe, Palgrave Macmillian, London, 2015.
- Psychogiopoulou Evangelia, Integration of Cultural Consideration in European Union Law and Politics, Martinus Nijhoff Publishers, Boston 2008.
- Resolution of the Ministers responsible for Cultural Affairs, meeting within the Council of 13 June 1983, concerning the annual event ‘European City of Culture’, OJ, C 153/2 (85/C 153/02).
- Resolution of the Council and the ministers with responsibility for culturalaffairs, meeting within the Council of 27 September 1985 on collaborationbetween libraries in the fi eld of data processing, OJ C 271/1, 23.10.1985 (85/C271/01).
- Resolution of the ministers responsible for Cultural Affairs, meeting within the Council of 20 December 1985, on special conditions of admission for young people to museums and cultural events, OJ C 348/2, 31.12.1985 (83/C 348/02).
- Resolution of the ministers responsible for cultural affairs, meeting within the Council of 17 February 1986 on the establishment of transnational cultural itinerariers, OJ C 44/2, 26.2.1986 (86/C44/02).
- Resolution of the Ministers with responsibility for Cultural Affairs, meeting with the Council of 13 November 1986 on business sponsorship of cultural activities, OJ C 320/2, 13.12.1986 (86/C320/02).
- Resolution of the Ministers with responsibility for Cultural Affairs, meeting within the Council of 13 November 1986 on the protection of Europe’s architectural heritage OJ C 320/1, 13.12.1986 (86/C 320/01).
- Resolution of the Ministers with responsibility for Cultural Affairs meeting within the Council of 13 November 1986 on the conservation of works and artefacts, OJ C 320/3, 13.12.1986 (86/C 320/03).
- Resolution of the Council and of the Ministers responsible for Cultural Affairs, meeting within the Council of 13 November 1986 on the European cinema and television year (1988), OJ C 320/4, 13.12.1986 (86/C 320/04).
- Resolution of the Council and of the Ministers responsible for cultural Affairs, meeting within the Council of 9 November 1987 on the promotion of translation of important works of European culture, OJ, C 309/3, 19.11.1987 (87/C 309/03).
- Resolution of the Council and of the Ministers responsible for cultural affairs meeting within the Council of 27 May 1988 on the future organization of the work, OJ, 197/1, 27.07.1988.
- Resolution on the conservation of the Community’s architectural and archaeological heritages, OJ C 309, 5.12.1988, s. 423–427.
- Resolution of the Council and the Ministers responsible for Cultural Affairs meeting within the Council of 18 May 1989 concerning the promotion of books and reading, OJ C 183/1, 20.07.1989 (89/C 183/01).
- Rothstein M., Lang J., Creatively Engage, Plots France’s Cultural Future, „The New York Times”, 26.07.1988, http://www.nytimes.com/1988/07/26/arts/jack-lang-creatively-engage-plots-france-s-cultural-future.html?pagewanted=1 (dostęp 5.03.2015).
- Sturis D., Niepokorna Melina Mercouri – ostatnia grecka bogini, „Wysokie obcasy”, http://www.wysokieobcasy.pl/wysokie-obcasy/1,96856,13974765,Niepokorna_Melina_Mercouri___ostatnia_grecka_bogini.html?as=2 (dostęp 12.03.2015).
- Theiler T., Political Symbolism and EuropeanIntegration, Manchester University Press, Manchester 2005. Studia Europejskie, 3/2016
- Tretter E., The ‘Value’ of Europe: The Political Economy of Culture in the European Community, “Geopolitcs”, No. 16/2011, s. 926–948, www.tandfonline. com/loi/fgeo20 (dostęp 20.03.2015).
Publication order reference