Organy w Glotowie - problemy konserwatorskie
ORGAN AT GLOTÓW — ITS VALUES, CONDITION AND PROBLEMS OF CONSERVATION
Languages of publication
A pilgrimage church under the invocation of the Holy Saviour at Glotów in Warmia boasts a number of historic furnishings, out of which the organ built in 1865 by Terletzki of Elbląg deserves most attention. Of particular interest is the fact that the organ combines two epochs: traditions of baroque and design foundations prevailing at the time of organ’s execution. The frontal framework of the organ’s console, decorated alternately with pipe’s planes and towers, the two biggest o f which protrude to the front, represents baroque features of organ prospects. A great number of pipe towers points at links with baroque prospects o f French organs which show a close resemblance to, i.a., the organ found in cathedrals in Reims and Dijoin. The example o f the extension of organ construction in baroque style onto he 19th century are also mechanically valved wind bends and mechanical tracts, a group of three wedge-shaped bellows put into motion with foot levers and also other elements typical of baroque organs such as a tympan and a ringing mechanism. A marked supremacy o f basic registers reflects romantic traces popular in the organ construction in the last century. Out of 30 vocal registers divided into 2 manuals and one pedal, as many as 19 are 8-stop registers. The instrument, preserved unchanged till to-day (except for prospect pipes disassemblied during the World War I and replaced with new ones) may provide excellent material for studies on the 19th-century organ construction. Vast destruction which has taken place recently and loss of some interior elements make it impossible to normally use this interesting instrument. Both the values of the organ, its present condition and its historic character call for some indisnpesable specialistic and conservation works to be done with the view to reconstruct precisely all missing elements and to enable its use. The works carried out on the basis of conservation guidelines will provide an evidence o f properly understood protection and conservation of historic organs in Poland. The reconstructed instrument may serve, i.a., to arrange summer concerts of organ music
- P. K r a k o w s k i , Z zagadnień architektury XIX w., [w:] Materiały z sesji „Sztuka II połowy XIX w.” , Warszawa 1973, s. 31.
- H. M u t h e s i u s , Stilarchitektur und Baukunst, Jena brw, s. 35.
- Orgues de France, „Les Monuments Historiques de la France”, nr 2—3, 1962.
- M. D o r a w a, Organy, konstrukcja—ochrona—konserwacja, Toruń 1971, s. 50—53;
- E. S m u l i k o w s k a , Formy stylowe polskich prospektow organowych w rozwoju historycznym, „Biuletyn Informacyjny PKZ” , nr 30, 1975, s. 18—29.
- M. D o r a w a , M. O b r e m s k i , Dokumentacja historyczno-konser wat orska zabytkowych organow z kościoła p a ra f p.w. Najśw. Zbawiciela w Glotowie, woj. olsztyńskie, PKZ — Oddział w Toruniu, 1978.
Publication order reference