Circular Economy: An Ethicaland Sustainable Economic Development Model
Languages of publication
The traditional linear economic growth model pursues solely the GDP growth, and economic development is achieved at the expense of the environment and the resources. This model has obvious ethical flaws and has been viewed as a “from cradle to grave” approach. Differently, the circular economy development model establishes the principles of “Reduce, Reuse and Recycle” as its core contents in order to achieve sustainable development, which has been viewed as a "from cradle to cradle" approach. Circular economy engenders new ethical relationships, and proposes new ethics of production and consumption. Circular economy implies the holistic value principle and sustainable value principle, which can remedy the ethical flaws of the traditional linear model. As an ethical and sustainable development approach, circular economy contributes to the Copernican change in the field of economic ethics.
- Boulding, K.E., 1966, The Economics of the Coming Spaceship Earth, s. 3–14. In: H. Jarrett (Ed.) Environmental Quality in a Growing Economy. Resources for the Future. Johns Hopkins University Press, Baltimore, MD.
- Braungart, M., McDonough, W., 2002, Cradle to Cradle: Remaking the Way We Make Things, 1st edition. New York: North Point Press.
- Brown, L.R., 2003, Eco-Economy: Building an Economy for the Earth, 1st edition. Shanghai: Eastern Publishing Center (in Chinese).
- Dai, B.J., 2006, Practical Cases of the Circular Economy, 1st edition. Beijing: China Environmental Science Press. (in Chinese).
- Daly, H.E., 2001, Beyond Growth: the Economics of Sustainable Development, 1st edition. Shanghai: Shanghai Translation Publishing House. (in Chinese).
- Des Jardins, J.R., 2002, Environmental Ethics: An Introduction to Environmental Philosophy, 3rd editon. Beijing: Peking University Press. ( in Chinese).
- Feng, Z., Yan, N., 2007), Putting a circular economy into practice in China. „Sustainability Science”, 2 (1), 95–101.
- GDP Giant Suffered from Lead Poisoning, 2011, „China Youth Daily”, 20 May (in Chinese).
- Marx, K., Engels, F., 1972, Collected Works of K. Marx and F. Engels, Volume 2. Beijing: People’s Publishing House. (in Chinese).
- Zhu, D., 2007, China’s Circular Economy and Sustainable Development. Beijing: Science Press (in Chinese).
Publication order reference