Variability of textbooks for studying the Ukrainian language in the diaspora
Languages of publication
The article deals with the actual problem of preserving the native language under the conditions of foreign language environment. It is substantiated that the qualitatively written teaching books play an important role in this process. Among the range of various textbooks for Ukrainian schoolchildren in the diaspora, the methodical appara-tus of the textbooks of Yar Slavutych, Sofia Vasilišin, Genrika Mìz', which receive positive reviews in the USA and Canada and are actively used in the teaching of the native language of foreign Ukrainians, has been analysed. They contain interesting Ukrainian studies materials, exercises for listening, tasks, games, as well as texts of songs with notes and rhythmic exercises for them, which promote not only the learning of the language, but also the development of creative abilities of schoolchildren, their agility and savvy. It has been established that the textbooks with a clear visual methods, adherence to the principles of the individual approach, connection with life, originality in content diversity provide motivation of children to learn the language, develop their communicative competences.
- Mel’nìk O., Pìp N., Bukvar, Vinnipeg, Manitoba [no date].
- Mìz' G., Divis' ì kaži, Chicago 1982.
- Slavutych Y., Conversational Ukrainian II, Winnipeg 1959.
- Slavutych Y., Conversational Ukrainian II, Winnipeg 1960.
- Slavutych Y., Conversational Ukrainian II, Winnipeg 1987.
- Slavutych Y., Ukrainian by the Audio-Visual Method, p. 1, Montreal, Paris, Brussels 1965.
- Slavutych Y., Ukrainian for Children, Alberta 1963.
- Slavutych Y., Ukrainian in Рictures, Edmonton 1965.
- Vasilišin S., Divis', slukhaj, govori. Pìdručnik dlâ počatkovo-rozmovnoì klâsi, č. 1, Winnipeg 1973.
- Vasilišin S., Divis', slukhaj, govori. Pìdručnik dlâ počatkovo-rozmovnoì klâsi, č. 2, Winnipeg 1973.
- Vasilišin S., Divis', slukhaj, govori. Pìdručnik dlâ počatkovo-rozmovnoì klâsi, č. 3, Winnipeg 1975.
Publication order reference