The Effect of Corporate Governance on the Performance of a Company. Some Empirical Findings from Indonesia
Languages of publication
- Aanu, O.S., Oduanonses, I.F. and Foyeke, O.I. (2014). Effectiveness of Audit Committee and Firm Financial Performance in Nigeria: An Empirical Analysis. Journal of Accounting and Auditing: Research and Practice: 1–11, https://doi.org/10.5171/2014.301176
- Ahmad, Che Ayoib and Mohd Abdulloh Jusoh (2014). Institutional ownership and marketbasedperformance indicators: Utilizing generalized least square estimation technique. Procedia– Social and Behavioral Sciences, 164: 477–485, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sbspro.2014.11.105
- Aljifri, K. and Moustafa, M. (2007). The impact of corporate governance mechanisms on the performance of UAE frms: An empirical analysis. Journal of Economic and Administrative Sciences, 23(2): 71–93, https://doi.org/10.1108/10264116200700008
- Amer, Mrwan, Aiman A. Ragab and Shehata Elsayed Shehata (2014). Audit Committee Characteristics And Firm Performance:Evidence from Egyptian Listed Companies. Proceedings of 6th Annual American Business Research Conference, 9–10. New York.
- Anderson, R.C., Mansi S.A. and Reeb D.M. (2004). Board characteristics, accounting reportintegrity and the cost of debt. Journal of Accounting and Economics, 37: 315–342, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jacceco.2004.01.004
- Andow, Helen Afang and Bature Musa David (2016). Ownership structure and the fnancial performance of listed conglomerate frms in Nigeria. The Business and Management Review, 7(3).
- Belkhir, M. (2009). Board of directors’ size and performance in the banking industry. International Journal of Managerial Finance, 5(2): 201–221, https://doi.org/10.1108/17439130910947903
- Bugshan, T. (2005). Corporate Governance, Earning Management and the Information Content of Accounting Earnings. Theoritical Model and Empirical Tests, Phd Thesis, Bond University, Queensland, Australia.
- Bouaziz, Z. (2012). The Impact of the Presence of Audit Committees on the Financial Performance of Tunisian Companies. International Journal of Management & Business Studies, 2(4): 57–64.
- Bozek, Agnieszka. (2015).Positive Psychology Capital Concept: A Critical Analysis in the Context of Participatory Management. Management and Business Administration. Central Europe, 23(3): 19–31, https://doi.org/10.7206/mba.ce.20843356.148
- Chung, K. and Zhang, H. (2011). Corporate Governance and Institutional Ownership. Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, 46(1): 247–273, https://doi.org/10.1017/S0022109010000682
- Cremers, K.J. Martin and Vinay, B. Nair (2005). Governance Mechanisms and Equity Prices. Journal of Finance, 60(6): 2859–2894, https://doi.org/10.1111/j.15406261.2005.00819.x
- Cole, Re and Mehran, Hamid (1998). The effect of changes in ownership structure on performance: Evidence from the thrift industry. Journal of Financial Economics, 50(3): 291–317, https://doi.org/10.2139/ssrn.7286
- Coles, J.L., Daniel, N.D. and Naveen, L. (2008). Boards: Does one size ft all? Journal of Financial Economics, 87: 329–356, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jfneco.2006.08.008
- Cornett, M.M., Marcus, A.J., Saunders, A. and Tehranian, H. (2007). “The impact of institutional ownership on corporate operating performance”. Journal of Banking and Finance, 31: 1771–1794, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbankfn.2006.08.006
- Dalton, D.R., Daily, C.M., Johnson, J.L. and Ellstrand, A.E. (1999). Number of directors and fnancial performance: A metaanalysis. Academy of Management Journal, 42: 647–687, https://doi.org/10.2307/256988
- Daniel, W.E. (2003).Corporate Governance in Indonesia Listed Companies – A Problem of Legal Transplant. Bond Law Review, 15: 343–375.
- Decision of the Chairman of BAPEPAMLK No. Kep643/BL/2012: Establishment and Implementation Guidelines for the Audit Committee.
- Demsetz, H. and Lehn, K. (1985). The structure of corporate ownership: Causes and consequences. Journal of Political Economy, 93(6): 1155–1177, https://doi.org/10.1086/261354
- Din, Shahabu – and Javid, Attiya Yasmin (2011). Impact of managerial ownership on financial policies and the frm’s performance: evidence Pakistani manufacturing frms. International Research Journal of Finance and Economics, 81: 13–29.
- Duggal R. and Miller, J.A. (1999). Institutional ownership and frm performance: The case of bidder return. Journal of Corporate Finance, 5: 103–117, https://doi.org/10.1016/S09291199(98)000182
- Dwivedi, N. and Jain, A.K. (2005). Corporate governance and performance of Indian Firms: The effect of board size and ownership. Employee Responsibilities and Rights Journal, 17(3): 161–172, https://doi.org/10.1007/s1067200569395
- Faccio, M. and Lasfer, M.A. (2000). Managerial ownership, board structure and frm value: The UK evidence. City University Business School, working paper.
- Financial Service Authority (2014). Indonesia Corporate Governance Roadmap: Towards Better Governance of Issuers and Public Company. Financial Service Authority – Indonesia.
- AlGhamdi, Mohammed and Rhodes, M. (2015). Family Ownership, Corporate Governance and Performance: Evidence from Saudi Arabia. International Journal of Economics and Finance, 7(2), https://doi.org/10.5539/ijef.v7n2p78
- Horváth, Roman and Persida Spirollari (2012). Do the Board of Directors’ Characteristics Inﬂuence Firm’s Performance? The U.S. Evidence. Prague Economic Papers, 4: 470–486, https://doi.org/10.18267/j.pep.435
- Issarawornrawanich, Panya (2015). The Association between Board of Directors’ Characteristics and Firm Performance: Empirical Evidence from Emerging Market of Thailand. Journal of Applied Business and Economics, 17(1): 54–65.
- Jensen, M.C. and Meckling, W.H. (1976). Theory of the frm: managerial behavior, agency costs, Journal of Financial Economics, 3(4), 305–360. https://doi.org/10.1016/0304405X(76)90026X
- Jensen, M. (1993). The Modern Industrial Revolution, Exit, and the Failure of Internal Control Systems. The Journal of Finance, 48(3): 831–880, https://doi.org/10.1111/j.15406261.1993.tb04022.x
- Kaserer, Ch. and Moldenhauer, B. (2005). Insider Ownership and Corporate Performance – Evidence from Germany. Center for Entrepreneurial and Financial Studies (CEFS) and Department for Financial Management and Capital Market. Working Paper.
- Klein, A. (2002). Audit Committee, Board of Director Characteristics, and Earnings Management. Journal of Accounting and Economics, 33(3): 375–400, https://doi.org/10.1016/S01654101(02)000599
- Krishnan, Jagan and Lee, JongEun (2009). Audit Committee Financial Expertise, Litigation Risk, and Corporate Governance. Auditing: A Journal of Practice and Theory, 28(1): 241–261, https://doi.org/10.2308/aud.2009.28.1.241
- Kumai, Benjamin Gugong and Husaini Bala (2015). Equity Formation And Financial Performance of Listed Deposit Money Banks in Nigeria. European Journal of Accounting Auditing and Finance Research, 3(8).
- Najjar, DanaAL (2015). The Effect of Institutional Ownership on Firm Performance: Evidence from Jordanian Listed Firms. International Journal of Economics and Finance, 7(12): 97–105, https://doi.org/10.5539/ijef.v7n12p97
- McVey, R. (1992). The materialisation of the Southeast Asian entrepreneur. In: R. McVey (ed.), Southeast Asian capitalism. New York: Cornell University Southeast Asia Program.
- Morck, Randall, Shleifer, Andrei and Vishny, Robert W. (1988). Management ownership and market valuation: An empirical analysis. Journal of Financial Economics, 20(1–2): 293–315, https://doi.org/10.1016/0304405X(88)900487
- Quang, Do Xuan and Wu Xong (2014).The Impact of Ownership Structure and Capital Structure on Financial Performance of Vietnamese Firms. International Business Research, 7(2): 64–71, https://doi.org/10.5539/ibr.v7n2p64
- Santos, Juliana Bonomi and Luiz Arthur Ledur Brito (2012). Toward a Subjective Measurement Model of Firm Performance. Brazilian Administration Review, Special Issue, 6: 95–117, https://doi.org/10.1590/S180776922012000500007
- Siagian, F.T. (2011). Ownership Structure and Governance Implementation : Evidence from Indonesia. International Journal of Business, Humanities and Technology, 1(3): 187–202.
- Uwuigbe, U. and Olusanmi, O. (2012). An empirical examination of the relationship between ownership structure and the performance of frms in Nigeria. International Business Research, 5(1): 208–215.
- Van Essen, M., Van Oosterhout, J.H. and Carney, M. (2012). Corporate boards and the performance of Asian frms: A metaanalysis. Asia Pacifc Journal of Management, 29(4): 873–905,https://doi.org/10.1007/s1049001192691
- Wasowska, A. (2013). Ownership Structure and the Internationalization Process of PubliclyListed Companies in Poland. Management and Business Administration. Central Europe, 22(3): 82–97, https://doi.org/10.7206/mba.ce.20843356.73
- Walczak, W. (2013). Failures of Corporate Governance in Housing Cooperatives – Case Study. Management and Business Administration. Central Europe, 22(3): 58–81, https://doi.org/10.7206/mba.ce.20843356.72
- Xie, B., Davidson, W.N. and DaDalt, P.J. (2003). Earnings Management and Corporate Governance: The Role of Board and The Audit Committee. Journal of Corporate Finance, 9: 295–316, https://doi.org/10.1016/S09291199(02)000068
- Yermack, D. (1996). Higher Market Valuation of Companies with a Small Board of Directors. Journal of Financial Economics, 40(2): 185–211, https://doi.org/10.1016/0304405X(95)008445
- Yilmaz, Cahit and Ali Hakan Buyuklu (2016). Impacts of Corporate Governance on Firm Performance: Turkey Case with A Panel Data Analysis. Eurasian Journal of Economics and Finance, 4(1): 56–72, https://doi.org/10.15604/ejef.2016.04.01.004
- Zabrie, Shafe Mohamed, Kamilah Ahmad and Khaw Khai Wah (2016). Corporate Governance Practices and Firm Performance: Evidence from Top 100 Public Listed Companies in Malaysia.
- Procedia Economics and Finance, 35: 287–296, https://doi.org/10.1016/S22125671(16)000368
- Zhuang, J. et al. (2000). Corporate Governance and Finance in East Asia, Vol. 1. Asian Development Bank, Philippines, Manila.
Publication order reference