Narco-Cartels: new actors of Irregular Warfare
Languages of publication
Narco-Cartels are becoming new actors of Irregular Warfare. The purpose of this document is to guide force development, capacity building and create a comprehensive scenario. This research will provide necessary knowledge to analyze the Narco-Cartels ́ strategies and to examine the operational roles of the military, security forces and civil action in countering these threats.
- Robert M. Gates, A Balanced Strategy, Foreign Affairs, January/February 2009.
- Joint Publication 1-02, Department of Defense Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms, 12 April 2001 (as amended through 30 september 2010).
- Irregular Warfare: Countering Irregular Threats Joint Operating Concept (Joc) version 2.0, 17 May 2010.
- Frank G. Hoffman, Conflict in the 21st century, 2007, Potomac Institute for Policy Studies.
- Bruce M. Bagley, Globalization and Transnational Organized Crime: the Russian Mafia in Latin America and the Caribbean, School of International Studies. University of Miami. Coral Gables, Florida. November 15, 2001
- CNN News, Ship and Suspects in Major Cocaine Bust Arrive at San Diego, May 14, 2001.
- Douglas Farah, the Washington Post, Russian Mob, Drug Cartels Joining Forces, September 29, 1997
- Lessing, B., The Logic of Violence in Criminal War: Cartel-State Conflict in Mexico, Colombia, and Brazil, (2012).
- BBC News, Mexico Arrests ‘Mastermind’ of Monterrey Casino Fire, January 2012.
- Fox News, Survivor Details Massacre of 72 Migrants by Drug Cartel in Mexico, August 25, 2010.
- IFEX network, Mexico most deadly country for journalists in 2017, International Press Institute (IPI), 24 December 2017.
- Pen International, Mexico: Another Blogger Murdered and Decapitated by the Carteles, Tuesday 15 November 2011
- Tracy Wilkinson, Los Angeles Times, Mexican drug traffickers blamed in killing of second mayor, August 30, 2010.
- Carrie F. Cordero, Breaking the Mexican Cartels: A Key Homeland Security Challenge for the Next Four Years, Georgetown University Law Center, 2013.
- Maj J.J. Caballero Morales, Mexico: Irregular Warfare And Hybrid Warfare As the Cornerstone For Countering The Drug Cartels, Canadian Forces College - Collège des Forces Canadiennes, Jcsp 4– Pcemi 4, 2016-2017.
Publication order reference