Problematyka konstytucjonalizmu w programach studiów politycznych w Uniwersytecie Jagiellońskim
Languages of publication
Traditionally, constitutional studies were a fundamental element of educational program of political science at Jagiellonian University. The story begins with the establishment of the Chair of Political Abilities at the Faculty of Law in 1801. The legal foundations of political systems were lectured during the subject of political abilities. After a dissolution of the Department in 1880 lectures were continued at the Faculty of Law. The institution, which added new, creative impetus to development of political science at the University, was Polish School of Political Science (1911-1914). Then, the School of Political Science, its successor at Jagiellonian University (1920-1949), something more than a ‘civil academy’ with modern, complex and flexible syllabus which contained also the oldest substantial stream – constitutional. The confirmation of prestigious role played by constitutional disciplines in the newest history of political science was reflected by the fact that there were three constitutionalists amongst the group of professors, who founded Institute of Political Science in 1969: prof. Konstanty Grzybowski, prof. Marek Sobolewski and prof. Witold Zakrzewski.
Publication order reference