BUDY PRZEWORSKIE JAKO ZAPOMNIANE DZIEDZICTWO PRZEWORSKICH PRZEDMIEŚĆ
Budy Przeworskie as forgotten legacy of the Przeworsk suburbs
Languages of publication
Budy Przeworskie existed as a gmina (commune) from ca. 18th century to 1922, surrounding the town of Przeworsk with a semi-ring from the west, north, east and south-east. It was a rural gmina headed by a village mayor and his council. The members of the gmina were mainly the residentsof Budy. It was considered to be a quite wealthy commune, inhabited by the richest farmers from the neighbourhood. At the turn of the 20th century a sugar factory was built here (1895), there was a railway station (the Galician Railway of Archduke Charles Louis went across this territory). There was also an old cemetery, a significant part of the entailed Princes Lubomirski estate and the Prince Andrzej Lubomirski machine factory. According to the book of minutes of this gmina, the inhabitants held patriotic celebrations and participated actively in the life of their commune, e. g. creating local militia or a fire brigade. They experienced different problems, like feuds among neighbours, and tragedies, like fires. In many cases they were helped out by the local council whose members tried to solve a given problem. Due to lack of sources, only the mentioned book of minutes partly reflects the life of this commune in that period.
Publication order reference