The quality of the entrepreneurial attitudes among the students of the Faculty of Management at the University of Gdańsk. The pilot study
Languages of publication
The quality of the entrepreneurial attitudes among the students of the Faculty of Management at the University of Gdańsk. The pilot study The aim of the article is to identify the attitudes of students with respect to entrepreneurship. The study has been conducted on the group of students from the Faculty of Management at the University of Gdansk. The students represent the different courses of studies. As a result, it has been found that the quality of entrepreneurial attitudes seems satisfactory. The majority of the students, regardless of the courses studied, show a positive attitude toward entrepreneurship and they are interested in running own business. However, only half of them believe that the faculty prepares them well for this task
- Assoc. Prof., Ph.D. Hab., Unit of Quality and Environmental Management, Department of Enterprises Economics, Faculty of Management, University of Gdańsk, Armii Krajowej 101, 81-824 Sopot, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D. Hab. Eng., Department of Dairy Science and Quality Management, Faculty of Food Sciences, University of Warmia and Mazury, Oczapowskiego 7, 10-719 Olsztyn, email@example.com
- Prof., Ph.D., Faculty of Social Sciences, International Black Sea University, D.Agmasheneblis Kheivani, 13km, #2, Tbilisi, Georgia, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ahmad N., Seymour R. G. (2012), Defining Entrepreneurial Activity: Definitions Supporting Frameworks for Data Collection. Entrepreneurship determinants: culture and capabilities, Eurostat, European Commission, Belgium, Brussels.
- Bowen H. P., De Clercq D. (2008), Institutional context and the allocation of entrepreneurial effort, “Journal of International Business Studies” Vol. 39, No. 4.
- Gibson S. G., Harris M. L., Mick T. D., Burkhalter T. M. (2011), Comparing the Entrepreneurial Attitudes of University and Community College Students, “Journal of Higher Education Theory and Practice” Vol. 11, No. 2.
- Grilo, I., Thurik R. (2005), Entrepreneurial engagement levels in the European Union, ”International Journal of Entrepreneurship Education” Vol. 3, No. 2.
- Hassid J., Komselis A.-S., (2007), Introduction to Entrepreneurship. Part A: Theorizing entrepreneurship. Retrieved November 17, 2011, http://entrepreneurship-georgia.unipi.gr/files/INTRODUCTION%20TO%20ENT REPRENEURSHIP_ver2R.pdf, accessed 11.10.2013.
- Hwang H., Powell W. W. (2005), Institutions and Entrepreneurship, “International Handbook Series on Entrepreneurship”, Vol. 2.
- Kelley D. J., Singer S., HerringtonM. (2012), The Global Entrepreneurship Monitor. 2011 Global Report, http://www.gemconsortium.org/docs/download/2409, accessed 10.03.2015.
- Kor Y. S., Mahoney J. T., Michael S. G. (2007), Resources, capabilities and entrepreneurial perceptions, “Journal of Management Studies” Vol. 44, No. 7.
- Kuratko D. (2005). The emergence of entrepreneurship education: Developments, trends, and challenges, “Entrepreneurship Theory & Practice” Vol. 29, No. 5.
- Kususanto P., Fui C. S., Lan L. H. (2012), Teachers’ Expectancy and Students’ Attitude Towards Science, “Journal of Education and Learning” Vol. 6, No. 2.
- Laguador J. M. (2013), Developing students’ attitude leading towards a life-changing career, “EducationalResearch International”,Vol. 1,No.
- Nybakk E., Hansen E. (2008), Entrepreneurial attitude, innovation and performance among Norwegian nature-based tourism enterprise, “Forestry Policy and Economics”, Vol. 10, No. 7/8.
- Oakland J. (1994), Total Quality Management, Sec. Ed. Butterworth Heinemann Ltd, Oxford.
- Octicio T. A. A. (2012), Entrepreneurial Intentions and Behavior among University students. The case of the Instituto Superior Tecnico, Tecnico Lisbon, Lisbon.
- Oyewumi A., Olufemi A. S. (2013), Assessing Attitude to and Knowledge of Entrepreneurship among Students with Hearing Impairment in Nigeria, “An International Multidisciplinary Journal, Ethiopia”, Vol. 7, No. 30.
- Pittaway L. A., Cope J. P. (2007), Entrepreneurship education: a systematic review of the evidence, “International Small Business Journal”, Vol. 25, No. 5.
- Pratheeba P. (2014), Predicting Entrepreneurial Intention among Business and Engineering Students in Sri Lanka, “Ruhuna Journal of Management and Finance”, Vol.
- No. 1.
- Siragusa L., Dixon K. C. (2009), Theory of planned behavior: Higher education students’ attitudes towards ICT-based learning interactions. In Same places, different spaces, Proceedings ascilite Auckland 2009, http://www. ascilite.org.au/conferences/auckland09/procs/siragusa.pdf, accessed 20.02.2015.
- Skrzypek E. (2000), Jakooeć i efektywnooeć, Wyd. UMCS, Lublin.
- Stel van A., Carree M., Thurik R. (2005), The effect of entrepreneurial activity on national economic growth, ”Small Business Economics”, Vol. 24, No. 3.
- Veciana J. M., Aponte M., Urbano D. (2005), University Students’ Attitudes Towards Entrepreneurship: A Two Countries Comparison, “International Entrepreneurship and Management Journal”, No. 1.
- Zhang D., Campbell T. (2010), The Psychometric Evaluation of a Three-Dimension Elementary Science Attitude Survey, “Journal of Science Teacher Education”, Vol. 22, No. 7.
Publication order reference