Zabytkowe organy w kościołach Rzeszowa : studium historyczno-instrumentoznawcze
ANTIQUE ORGANS IN THE CHURCHES OF RZESZOW (A STUDY OF HISTORICAL INSTRUMENTAL KNOWLEDGE)
Languages of publication
The subject of the article is antique organs in the churches of Rzeszow. In Poland organs built before 1939 are considered to be antique. There are antique organs in three churches in Rzeszow. The oldest ones are in Holy Cross Church and St. John the Baptist Church (12 stops organ was built in 1930 by “Rieger Brothers” company), in Garrison Church (20 stops organ was built in 1934 by Stefan Krukowski from Piotrków Trybunalski), in Bernardine’s Church (the organ was built in 1932-1935, Rudolf Haase from Lviv started the building , after his death the work was continued and finished by his son Joseph}. In the article the history of organs and the inventory description of organs were presented. The inventory description was prepared according to the method used at the Department of Instrumental Studies of the Institute of Musicology at the John Paul II Catholic University of Lublin. The inventory description includes such facts as follows: location of organ, description of casing and facade, organ mechanisms, disposition and structure of sound. Information about three instruments, which were used in two temples was presented in this article. The antique organs in the churches of Rzeszow are mostly used in liturgy. Organ concerts are organized in Holy Cross Church and St. John the Baptist Church and in Bernardine’s Basilica. Brochures of these instruments are also worth reading.
Publication order reference