Komiksy wydawnictwa Marvel Comics na polskim rynku wydawniczym w latach 2012–2016 (publikacje zwarte)
Marvel Comics on the Polish publishing market in the years 2012–2016 (non-serial publications)
Languages of publication
Due to the increasing number of comic books published in Poland, the author of this elaboration decided to study how many Marvel Comics picture stories in the form of non-serial publications was published on the Polish market between 2012–2016. The work also focuses on the issue of the quality of the published works (format, print, binding) and attempts to establish the reasons why the Marvel Comics titles came to Poland. The study starts with the creation of the preliminary version of the list of Marvel Comics stories published on our market, which was being updated as they developed. The number of publications was counted inter alia based on the list of comics published in Poland, available at the Aleja Komiksu Internet website, which is being updated constantly, in contrast with the National Bibliography, which is only being updated once the National Library receives the required copies from the publishers. The resources of libraries and the author’s own resources comprised the source of the study. It was established that in the years 2012–2016 there appeared 177 positions in total, published by Albatros, Egmont Publishing, Hachette Polska, Mucha Comics, Albatros and Waneko. Hard cover is the dominating one, with only 39 positions in 177 published with soft cover. The most popular format was 18 x 27 cm – 138 positions. The remaining 39 comics were printed in the slightly smaller format of 17 x 26 cm. the reasons why the publishers decide to issue Marvel Comics stories are the popularity of the films and TV series based on them and the desire to compete with other companies publishing the picture stories of the American potentate.
- Gołębiewski Ł., Waszczyk P., Rynek książki w Polsce 2013. Wydawnictwa, Warszawa 2013.
- Gołębiewski Ł., Waszczyk P., Rynek książki w Polsce 2014. Wydawnictwa, Warszawa 2014.
- Hajdu D., The Ten-cent plague. The great comic-book scare and how it changed America, New York 2008.
- Howe S., Niezwykła historia Marvel Comics, tłum B. Czartoryski, Kraków 2013.
- Marvel year by year. A visual chronicle, ed. C. Saunders i in., London 2013.
- Nadolna-Tłuczykont M., Czasopisma dla dzieci wydawnictwa Egmont Publishing (1990–2015), „Annales Universitatis Paedagogicae Cracoviensis. Studia ad Bibliothecarum Scientiam Pertinentia”, 2015, nr 13, s. 230–243, toż [online] http://sbsp.up.krakow.pl/article/view/3047/2701 [2017.06.30].
- Wright B. W., Comic book nation. The transformation of youth culture in America, Baltimore, London. 2003.
- Witkowska E., Komiks japoński w Polsce. Historia i kontrowersje, Toruń 2012.
- Zapała M., Polski rynek komiksowy w latach 1989–2010, „Zeszyty Prasoznawcze” 2013, nr 2, s. 105–138.
Publication order reference