Smartphone and Tablet in the Everyday Life of Preschool Children. Impact and Educational Options in the Opinion of Parents and Teachers of Kindergarten.
Languages of publication
In the presented article, the author explains the need for reflection on the use of a smartphone or tablet by the youngest media users. It presents current research on the use and impact of mobile devices on children, as well as the destructive dimension of the consequences caused by their excessive use as well as the need and scope of education of media competence of preschoolers. The author also presents the results of her own research regarding parents’ opinions on the role and impact of a smartphone / tablet in children’s everyday life. It also presents the teachers’ view on therole of educators in the process of acquiring media competence by children.
- BARABAS M (2018), Phonoholism as a threat to the development of children and young people, “Education -Technology - Computer Science”, No. 2/24, DOI:10.15584 / eti.2018.2.11
- BOUGSIAA H., KOPCIEWICZ L. (2016), Children in mobile culture. Participation, learning and emancipation of the generation of “digital natives”, “Present - Human - Education “, T. 19, No. 1 (73).
- HUTTON, JS, DUDLEY, J., HOROWITZ-KRAUS, T. (2019), Associations Between Screen-Based Media Use and Brain White Matter Integrity in Preschool-Aged Children, AMA Pediatr. Published online, November 4, 2019, DOI:https://doi.org/10.1001/jamapediatrics.2019.3869.
- NOWICKA, K (2018), “Children are on a leash of devices. It’s time to start the alarm.” Retrieved from https://opornographics.pl/article/dzieci-sa-na-smyczy-urzadzen-czas-zaczac-bic-na-alarm (08/08/2019).
- PAWELEC, L. (2017), Preschool child as a user of mobile devices (phone, tablet, smartphone) Acta Scientifica Academiae Ostroviensis. Sectio A, number 10 (2), pp. 7-17.
- PYŻALSKI, J. (2010), Electronic aggression among children and adolescents, Sopot: Gdańsk Psychological Publishing House
- SPITZER M (2013), Digital dementia. How we deprive ourselves and our children of our minds, Słupsk, Dobra Literatura Publishing House
- WIĘCZKOWSKA M (2012) What draws your child?, Kraków, Wydawnictwo M
Publication order reference