CHARACTERISTICS OF THE LABOR MARKET, EMPLOYMENT POLICIES IN KOSOVO AND EUROPEAN UNION IN THE YEAR 2014
Languages of publication
The aim of this paper is presenting the situation of the labor market in the European Union after the crisis in 2008 and the comparison of the labor market situation in Kosovo in 2014. In the light of modern economic crisis, it is worth to analyze the development of the situation on the labor markets in the EU and in selected countries of the world since 2008. This allows to examine changes in the level of employment under the influence of both the dynamics of the recession and the antirecession policies used. The level of unemployment is closely linked to the dynamics of GDP. Recorded in the EU and in other countries of the world, increase of the unemployment rate from 2008 confirms the strong interdependence of these indicators. To sum up the situation on the European labor market, it is worth noting that the progressive process of increasing the flexibility of the labor market favors the competitiveness of the economies of the European Union. This does not mean, however, that as a result of the changes observed do not appear negative effects (e.g. Spain). It therefore appears necessary to further reduce barriers to movement of labor and services within the European Union and the use clearly positive experiences of labor market reforms.
- Bruno G.S., Marelli E., Signorelli M. (2014) The rise of NEET and youth unemployment in EU regions after the crisis. Comparative Economic Studies, 56(4), 592 – 615.
- Citrin D. & Fischer S. (2013) Meeting the Challenges of Globalization [in:] Globalization and Unemployment, 19.
- Desku B. & Ramaj B. (2013) Unemployment in Kosovo in the last ten years 2002-2012. Mediterranean Journal of Social Sciences, 4 (10), 191.
- Haziri A. (2013) Comparative analysis of labour market policies and characteristics of unemployment in Kosovo and Macedonia in 2009. Prishtina.
- Myant M. & Piasna A. (2014) Why have some countries become more unemployed than others? An investigation of changes in unemployment in EU member states since 2008.
Publication order reference