Znaczenie czynnika pracy w dochodzie narodowym
The Significance of Labour Share Contribution to the National Income
Languages of publication
Many of the contemporary economic researches have been focusing on the significance of the labour share contribution to the national income. Thus, it appears particularly interesting to investigate if the global, labour factors can provide a justification for an increasing significance of the labour share in the economies of Visegrád Group. In such an investigation, it is the effect that structural transitions of these countries' policies and economies have had on to the role of the labour share in building a national income that seems to be an essential element to explore. Therefore, the aim of the following article is determining the significance of the labour share contribution to the natural income for the period 1995- 2010 in membership countries of Visegrád Group, basing on the factors, which according to the contemporary world literature, affect this indicator.
- Bentolila S., Saint-Paul G.: Explaining Movements in the Labour Share. "Journal of Macroeconomics" 2003, No. 3.
- Harrison A.E.: Has Globalization Eroded Labor's Share? Some Cross-Country Evidence. CA: University of California at Berkeley and NBER, Berkeley 2000.
- Lee K., Jayadev A.: The Effects of Capital Account Liberalization on Growth and the Labor Share of Income: Reviewing and Extending the Cross-Country Evidence. In: Capital Flight and Capital Controls in Developing Countries. Ed. G. Esptein. Edward Elgar, Cheltenham 2005.
- Raurich X., H. Salah H., Sorolla V.: Factor Shares, the Price Markup, and the Elasticity of Substitution Between Capital and Labor. "Journal of Macroeconomics" 2011.
- Lawless M., Whelan K.T.: Understanding the Dynamics of Labor Shares and Inflation. "Journal of Macroeconomics" 2011, No. 1.
- Jones Ch.I.: The Shape of Production Functions and the Direction of Technical Change. "Quarterly Journal of Economics" 2005, No. 120 (2).
- Houthakker H.S.: The Pareto Distribution and the Cobb-Douglas Production Function in Activity Analysis. "Review of Economic Studies" 1955, No. 23(1).
- Gollin D.: Getting Income Shares Right. "Journal of Political Economy" 2002, No. 110.
- Guscina A.: Effects of Globalization on Labor's Share in National Income. Washington, D.C. International Monetary Fund IMF "Working Paper" 2006, No. 06/294.
Publication order reference