Estimation of Finite Population Mean Using Deciles of an Auxiliary Variable
Languages of publication
The present paper deals with a class of modified ratio estimators for estimation of population mean of the study variable when the population deciles of the auxiliary variable are known. The biases and the mean squared errors of the proposed estimators are derived and compared with that of existing modified ratio estimators for certain known populations. Further, we have also derived the conditions for which the proposed estimators perform better than the existing modified ratio estimators. From the numerical study it is also observed that the proposed modified ratio estimators perform better than the existing modified ratio estimators.
- COCHRAN, W. G., (1977). Sampling Techniques, Third Edition, Wiley Eastern Limited.
- KADILAR, C. and CINGI, H., (2004). Ratio estimators in simple random sampling, Applied Mathematics and Computation 151, 893-902.
- KADILAR, C. and CINGI, H., (2006). An Improvement in Estimating the Population mean by using the Correlation Coefficient, Hacettepe Journal of Mathematics and Statistics Volume 35 (1), 103-109.
- KOYUNCU, N. and KADILAR, C., (2009). Efficient Estimators for the Population mean, Hacettepe Journal of Mathematics and Statistics, Volume 38(2), 217-225.
- MURTHY, M. N., (1967). Sampling theory and methods, Statistical Publishing Society, Calcutta, India.
- PRASAD, B., (1989). Some improved ratio type estimators of population mean and ratio in finite population sample surveys, Communications in Statistics: Theory and Methods 18, 379-392.
- RAO, T. J., (1991). On certain methods of improving ratio and regression estimators, Communications in Statistics: Theory and Methods 20 (10), 3325-3340.
- SINGH, D. and CHAUDHARY, F. S., (1986). Theory and Analysis of Sample Survey Designs, New Age International Publisher.
- SINGH, G. N., (2003). On the improvement of product method of estimation in sample surveys, Journal of the Indian Society of Agricultural Statistics 56 (3), 267-265.
- SINGH, H. P. and TAILOR, R., (2003). Use of known correlation coefficient in estimating the finite population means, Statistics in Transition 6 (4), 555-560.
- SINGH, H. P., TAILOR, R., TAILOR, R. and KAKRAN, M. S., (2004). An Improved Estimator of population mean using Power transformation, Journal of the Indian Society of Agricultural Statistics 58(2), 223-230.
- SINGH, H. P. and TAILOR, R., (2005). Estimation of finite population mean with known coefficient of variation of an auxiliary, STATISTICA, anno LXV, n.3, 301-313.
- SISODIA, B. V. S. and DWIVEDI, V. K., (1981). A modified ratio estimator using coefficient of variation of auxiliary variable, Journal of the Indian Society of Agricultural Statistics 33(1), 13-18.
- UPADHYAYA, L. N. and SINGH, H. P., (1999). Use of transformed auxiliary variable in estimating the finite population mean, Biometrical Journal 41 (5), 627-636.
- YAN, Z. and TIAN, B., (2010). Ratio Method to the Mean Estimation Using Coefficient of Skewness of Auxiliary Variable, ICICA 2010, Part II, CCIS 106, pp. 103-110.
- www.nseindia.com/index.htm. Historical Security-wise Price Volume Data- Data for ACC - EQ from 02-01-2012 to 27-02-2012.
Publication order reference