OVERVIEW OF COMPUTER ASSISTED LANGUAGE LEARNING RESEARCH WITH SECOND LANGUAGE ACQUISITION PERSPECTIVES
Languages of publication
- Beauvois, M. H. (1992). "Computer-assisted classroom discussion in the foreign language classroom: Conversation in slow motion." Foreign Language Annals, 25(5), 445-464.
- Chapelle, C. (1998). "Multimedia call: Lessons to be learned from research on instructed SLA." Language Learning and Technology, 2 (1), 22-34.
- Chun, D. (1994). "Using computer networking to facilitate the acquisition of interactive competence." System, 22, 17-33.
- DeKeyser, R., Sokalski, K. (1996). "The differential role of comprehension and production practice." Language Learning, 46 (4), 613-642.
- Dodd, B. (1997). "Exploiting a corpus of written German for advanced language learning." In A. Wichmann, S. Fligelstone, T. McEnery, G. Knowles (Eds.), Teaching and language corpora. New York: Longman, 131-145.
- Doughty, C. (1987). "Relating second-language acquisition theory to CALL research and application." In W.F. Smith (Ed.), Modern Media in Foreign Language Education: Theory and Implication. Lincolnwood, IL: National Textbook Company, 133-167.
- Doughty, C. (1991). "Second language instruction does make a difference: Evidence from an empirical study of SL relativization." Studies in Second Language Acquisition, 13 (4), 431-469.
- Egbert, J. & Hanson-Smith, E. (1999). CALL Environments: research, practice, and critical issues. Alexandria, VA: Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages, Inc.
- Fernandez-Villanueva, M. (1996). "Research into the functions of German modal particles in a corpus." In S. Botley, J. Glass, T. McEnery, A. Wilson (Eds.) Proceedings of teaching and language corpora 1996 . Technical Papers Volume 9. Lancaster: UCREL, 83-93.
- Gass, S. M. (1997). Input, interaction, and the second language learner. Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates.
- Hartman, K., Neuwirth, C., Kiesler, S., Sproull, L., Cochran, C., Palmquist, M., Zubrow, D. (1991). "Patterns of social interaction and learning to write: Some effects of networked technologies." Written Communication, 8 (1), 79-113.
- Hegelheimer, V., Chapelle, C. (2000). "Methodological issues in research on learner computer interactions in CALL." Language Learning & Technology, 4, (1), 41-59
- Hulstijn, J. (1997). "Second language acquisition research in the laboratory: Possibilities and limitations." Studies in Second Language Acquisition, 19, 131-143.
- Johns, T. (1991). "From printout to handout: Grammar and vocabulary learning in the context of data-driven learning." ELR Journal 4, 27-45.
- Kelm, O. (1992). "The use of synchronous computer networks in second language instruction: A preliminary report." Foreign Language Annals, 25 (5), 441-454.
- Kern, R. (1995). "Restructuring classroom interaction with networked computers: Effects on quantity and quality of language production." Modern Language Journal, 79 (4), 457-476.
- Krashen, S. (1997). "The monitor models for adult second language performance." In M. Burt & M. Finocchiaro (Eds.), Viewpoints on English as a Second Language: Trends in Research and Practice. New York: Regents, 152-161.
- Long, M. H. (1996). "The role of the linguistic environment in second language acquisition." In W. C. Ritchie & T. K. Bhatia (Eds.), Handbook of research on language acquisition. Vol. 2: Second language acquisition. New York: Academic Press, 413-468.
- Mabrito, M. (1991). "Electronic mail as a vehicle for peer response: Conversations of high- and low-apprehensive writers." Written Communication, 8 (4), 509-532.
- Mabrito, M. (1992). "Computer-mediated communication and high-apprehensive writers: Rethinking the collaborative process." The Bulletin of the Association for Business Communication, 55 (4), 26-30.
- Moos, R. (1979). Evaluating educational environments: Procedures, measures, findings and policy implications. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Nagata, N (1998). "Input vs. output practice in educational software for second language acqusition." Language Learning & Technology, 1 (2), 23-40.
- Pederson, K. M. (1987). "Research on CALL." In W. F. Smith (Ed.), Modern media in foreign language education: Theory and implementation. Lincolnwood, IL: National Textbook, 99-131.
- Pica, T. (1994). "Research on negotiation: What does it reveal about second-language learning conditions, processes, and outcomes?" Language Learning, 44 (3), 493-527.
- Robinson, P. (1996). "Learning simple and complex second language rules under implicit, incidental, rule-search, and instructed conditions." Studies in Second Language Acquisition, 18 (1), 27-67.
- Salomon, G. (1997). "Novel constructivist learning environments and novel technologies: some issues to be
- concerned with." Presented at EARLI, Athens, August. Available at: http://cybercon98.Harvard.edu/wcm/sal_article.html.
- Schaefer, R. (1981). "Meaningful practice with the computer: is it possible?" Foreign Language Annuals, 14 (2), 133-137.
- Schultz, J. (1996). Computers and collaborative writing in the foreign language curriculum. Unpublished manuscript.
- Spolsky, B. (1989). Conditions for second language learning: Introduction to a general theory. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- St. John, E., Cash, D. (1995). "Language learning via e-mail: Demonstrable success with German." In M. Warschauer (Ed.), Virtual connections: Online activities and projects for networking language learners. Honolulu, HI: University of Hawaii, Second Language Teaching and Curriculum Center, 191-197.
- Swain, M. (1985). "Communicative competence: Some roles of comprehensible input and comprehensible output in its development." In S. Gass & C. Madden (Eds.), Input in second language acquisition. Rowley, MA:
- Newbury House, 235-253.
- Swain, M. (1995). "Collaborative dialogue: Its contribution to second language learning." Paper presented at the annual conference of the American Association for Applied Linguistics, Long Beach, CA.
- Sullivan, N., Pratt, E. (1996). "A comparative study of two ESL writing environment: A computer-assisted classroom and a traditional oral classroom." System, 24 (4), 491-501.
- Toyoda, E., Harrison, R. (2002). "Categorization of text chat communication between learners and native speakers of Japanese." Language Learning & Technology, 6 (1), 82-99.
- VanPatten, B., Cadierno, T. (1993a). "Explicit instruction and input processing." Studies in Second Language Acquisition, 15 (2), 225-243.
- VanPatten, B., Cadierno, T. (1993b). "Input processing and second language acquisition: A role of instruction." The Modern Language Journal, 77 (1), 45-57.
Publication order reference