Etyka biznesu w warunkach silnej konkurencji
Business Ethics in a Highly Competitive Environment
Languages of publication
Both the practitioners and the ones pursuing theory of economy show interest in the matters concerning ethics in business. A question arises, how in the more and more demanding environment, it is possible to be an entrepreneur complying with moral norms. The managerial skills and knowledge should be enriched in a constant process with the issues regarding international management, culture, religious views, as well as ethical rules of different nations. Doing business without fair play is only efficient in the short run. Does it pay off to be an honest entrepreneur? If one performs dishonest actions others are hurt, he loses perspective of seeing good and the possibility of self-development. He also cannot achieve the ethical or social aspect of his business activity. The low ethical level of the market actors can spread easily and become a standard, which worsens business conditions. Ethics is about the matters that are not covered by law and surely will never fully be. It is the entrepreneur, who is a judge for himself has to make the decisions. Nowadays, more and more businessmen appreciate the role of ethics in conducting business. It is essential to assure that the number of the ones who think the opposite way is decreasing.
- Człowiek i społeczeństwo w obliczu globalizacji. Red. E. Okoń-Horodyńska. Uniwersytet Jagielloński, Kraków 2007.
- Etyka w biznesie. Red. M. Borkowska, J.W. Goławski. KUL, Lublin 2002.
- Kuc B.R.: Zarządzanie doskonałe. PTM, Warszawa 2008.
- Penc J.: Decyzje i zmiany w organizacji. W poszukiwaniu skutecznych sposobów działania. Difin, Warszawa 2007.
- Porębski C.: Czy etyka się opłaca? Znak, Kraków-Kluczbork 2000.
Publication order reference