An Identification of the "Rippling Effect" in the Transmission of Disruptions in Supply Chains. The Dilemmas of Theoretical Study and Empirical Research
Languages of publication
The article offers information on the identification of the "Rippling Effect" in the transmission of disruptions of supply chains. Topics of discussion included were transmission of disruptions, risk assessment in business and risk factors associated in the risk management in the supply chains. It mentions that amplification of disruptions during the transmission is referred to as the "rippling effect" and discusses an example of supply chains in the automobile industry.
- Cavinato J.L. (2004): Supply Chain Logistics Risks. From the Back Room to the Board Room. "International Journal of Physical Distribution and Logistics Management", Vol. 34, No. 5, pp. 383-387.
- Cheng S.K., Kam B.H. (2008): A Conceptual Framework for Analyzing Risk in Supply Networks. "Journal of Enterprise Information Management", Vol. 22, No. 4, pp. 345-360.
- Dorp van J.R. (2004): Statistical Dependence through Common Risk Factors: With Applications in Uncertainty Analysis. "European Journal of Operations Research", Vol. 161, No. 1, pp. 240-255.
- Gilbert G., Gips M. (2000): Supply-side Contingency Planning. "Security Management", Vol. 44, No. 3, pp. 70-74.
- Hillson D. (2002): The Risk Breakdown Structure (RBS) as an aid to Effective Risk Management. 5th European Project Management Conference. Cannes, France 19-20 June 2002, pp. 1-11.
- Kersten W., Hohrath Ph., Böger M. (2007): An Empirical Approach to Supply Chain Risk Management: Development of a Strategic Framework. 18th Annual POMs Conference, 4-7 May, Dallas Tx., p. 4.
- Khan O., Burns B. (2007): Risk and Supply Chain Management: Creating a Research Agenda. "International Journal of Logistics Management", Vol. 18, No. 2, pp. 197-216.
- Peck H. (2004): Drivers of Supply Chain Vulnerability: An Integrated Framework. "International Journal of Physical Distribution and Logistics Management", Vol. 35, No. 4, pp. 210-232.
Publication order reference