100-lecie Politechniki Warszawskiej. Początki Wydziału Elektrycznego
Centenary of the Warsaw Technical University. The beginnings of Electrical Department
Languages of publication
The article describes beginnings of the Polish higher electrotechnical education. in the first stage of its development during the period of the partitions of Poland, the pioneer role was performed by the only Polish university in Lvov. the second stage was the interwar period, when the second Polish University with electrotechnical department was created in Warsaw. The Warsaw Technical University was set up in 1915 and it could properly function only after Polish-Bolshevik War od 1920. that stage was marked by exceptionally rapid increase in its research personnel. during just several years, a European major University came into being. University teachers and alumni of the Lvov and Warsaw universities joined the ranks of electrotechnical fields of study of the School of Mining engineering in Kraków (set up in 1919) and universities created in the years 1945-1946 in: Gdańsk, Gliwice, Łódź, Poznań, Wrocław and Szczecin. they were opened after the 2nd World War, which marked the third stage in the development of Polish higher electrotechnical education.
Publication order reference