Zagraniczne inwestycje bezpośrednie jako czynnik wzrostu znaczenia Indii w gospodarce światowej
Foreign Direct Investment as a Factor of Growing Importance of India in the World Economy
Languages of publication
This paper analyses the importance of the foreign direct investment in India's economic development. The results show that FDI has been positively associated with increase of total fixed asset investment and GDP growth. India's exports had grown rapidly since the late 1990's, mainly in the form of commercial services. Increases in foreigninvested enterprises not only augment India's export volumes, but also upgrade its structure.
- L.A. Winters, S. Yusuf, Introduction Dancing with Giants, w: Dancing with Giants. China, India, and the Global Economy, red. L.A. Winters, S. Yusuf, The World Bank, Washington D.C. 2007, s. 6.
- A. Maddison, Contours of the World Economy 1-2030 AD, Oxford University Press, New York 2007, s. 337.
- R.W. Fogel, Capitalism and Democracy in 2040: Forecasts and Speculations, "NBER Working Paper Series" 2007, No. 13184, s. 6.
- Kumar, Multinational Enterprises in India. Industrial Distribution, Characteristics, and Performance, Routledge, London and New York 1990, s. 8-10.
- A. Panagariya, India: The Emerging Giant, Oxford University Press, New York 2008, s. 23.
- T.N. Srinivasan, S.D. Tendulkar, Reintegrating India with the World Economy, Institute for International Economics, Washington D.C. 2003, s. 8.
- J. Bhagwati, P. Desai, India: Planning for Industrialization, Oxford University Press, Oxford 1970, s. 282.
- K.S. Chalapati Rao, B. Dhar, India's FDI Inflows. Trends and Concepts, ISID, New Delhi 2011, s. 27.
- A. Kamalakanthan, J.S. Laurenceson, How Important is Foreign Capital to Income Growth in China and India?, "East Asia Economic Research Group Discussion Paper" 2005, No. 4.
- Ch. Chakraborty, P. Nunnenkamp, Economic Reforms, Foreign Direct Investment and its Economic Effects in India, "Kiel Working Paper", March 2006, No. 1272, s. 40.
- R. Banga, The export-diversifying impact of Japanese and U.S. foreign direct investment in the Indian manufacturing sector, "Journal of International Business Studies" 2006, Vol. 37, s. 558- 568.
- S. Goel, K.P. Kumar, K.S. Rao, Trends and Patterns of FDI in India and ITs Economic Growth, "Asian Journal of Research in Business Economics and Management" 2012, Vol. 2, Iss. 4.
- T. Jayaraman, Science, Technology and Innovation Policy in India Under Economic Reform: A Survey, Paper prepared for International Conference on the Crisis of Neo-liberalism in India: Challenges and Alternatives, Mumbai, 13-15 March 2009.
- N.S. Siddharthan, K. Lal, Liberalisation, MNE and Productivity of Indian Enterprises, "Economic and Political Weekly-Review of Industry and Management" 2004, Vol. 34, No. 5, s. 448- 452.
- M. Lombard, A. Lombard, A Comparative Analysis of the Effects of Foreign Direct Investment on China's and India's Economic Development in Recent Years, "Economic Papers", December 2011, Vol. 30, No. 4, s. 526.
Publication order reference