INSTITUTIONAL FORMS AND SCOPE OF ASSISTANCE FOR PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES. STUDY ON THE EXAMPLE OF THE MUNICIPAL SOCIAL ASSISTANCE CENTRE IN JAROSŁAW
Languages of publication
People with disabilities, apart from health problems, usually face social, occupational and economic constraints. To improve their lives, institutions are established in order to perform rehabilitation, support activities and provide financial support, as well as non-institutional activities, mainly within self-help groups. The purpose of the article is to show what forms of disability assistance are available and to what extent they provide normal lives for people with disabilities. What is more, this paper analyses expenditures on disabled people and assesses whether these resources are sufficient to provide the disabled people with help they need. The territorial scope of the article includes the Municipal Social Assistance Centre located in Jarosław, and the chronological range covers 2013-2015 period. The main research method used for the needs and realisation of the accepted research objectives was the analysis of the content of the documents and the descriptive method.
- Cywińska-Wasilewska, G. (2004). Basic problems of rehabilitation and ethics. Poznań: AWF.
- International Classification of Imparments, Disabilities and Handicaps.
- Kawczyńska-Butrym, Z. (1998). Disability- specificity of social assistance. Katowice: Śląsk.
- Kijak, R. J. (2012). Mental disability - between diagnosis and action. Warszawa: IRSS.
- Komorska, M., (2008). Institutional support for people with disabilities in the process of social inclusion. In: B. Skrętowicz, M. Komorska (ed.), People with disabilities in the Polish society of the transition period (p. 119-131), Lublin: UMCS.
- Magnuszewska-Otulak, G. (2010). Exclusion of persons with disabilities. In: R. Szarffenberg, C. Żołędowski, M. Theiss (ed.), Poverty and social exclusion, cognitive perspective, Warszawa: Elipsa.
- Ordinance of the Minister of Economy, Labour and Social Policy of 15 July 2003.
- Otrębski, W. (2002). Disability - selected problems and definitions. In: E. Rutkowska (ed.), Rehabilitation and care for people with disabilities, Lublin: PZWL.
- Resolutions of the Sejm of the Republic of Poland dated 1 August 1997 - Convention of the Rights of Persons with Disabilities.
- Social Assistance Act of 12 March 2004.
- Social Rehabilitation Act and the Employment of Persons with Disabilities Act of 27 August 1997.
- Tomaszewska, K. (2017). Problems and needs arising from caring responsibilities of families and the social aspects of caring for dependents in the home. In: B. Majchrowicz, K. Tomaszewska (ed.), In the service of man, Rzeszów: Bonus Liber.
- Wolski, W. (2013). Physical disability. Between diagnosis and action. Warszawa: IRSS.
Publication order reference