EVALUATION OF THE EFFICIENCY OF FLEXICURITY IMPLEMENTATION IN OECD COUNTRIES
Languages of publication
Flexicurity is a policy of flexible and secure labour market. It has been the subject of many analyses, however, a coherent evaluation methodology is difficult to specify. The purpose of this paper is to propose a Data Envelopment Analysis based model for the evaluation of the efficiency of flexicurity implementation in OECD countries. The results will be used to create the ranking of countries, to determine changes in time, and to identify the reasons for inefficiency. On top of that, it will be possible to formulate recommendations for decision makers.
- Allen R., Athanassopoulos A., Dyson R.G., Thanassoulis E. (1997) Weights restrictions and value judgements in Data Envelopment Analysis: Evolution, development and future directions, Annals of Operations Research, 73, pp. 13-34.
- Angulo-Meza L., Lins M.P.E. (2002) Review of Methods for Increasing Discrimination in Data Envelopment Analysis, Annals of Operations Research, 116, pp. 225-242.
- Charnes A, Cooper WW, Rhodes E (1978) Measuring the efficiency of decision making units, European Journal of Operational Research, 2, pp. 429-444.
- Cherchye L., Moesen W., Rogge N., Van Puyenbroeck T. (2009) Constructing a Knowledge Economy Composite Indicator with Imprecise Data, Hub Research Paper – Economics & Management, 2009/16, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven.
- Commision of the European Communities (2007) COM(2007) 359 final, Towards Common Principles of Flexicurity: More and better jobs through flexibility and security, Brussels.
- Cooper W.W., Ruiz J.L., Sirvent I. (2009) Selecting non-zero weights to evaluate effectiveness of basketball players with DEA, European Journal of Operational Research, 195, pp. 563-574.
- Cooper W.W., Seiford L.M., Zhu J. (2011) Handbook on Data Envelopment Analysis, Springer, New York.
- Despotis D.K. (2005) Measuring human development via Data Envelopment Analysis: the case of Asia and the Pacific, Omega-International Journal of Management Science, 33, pp. 385-390.
- Hoffman A., Giovanni E., Nardo M., Saisana M., Saltelli A., Tarantola S. (2008) Handbook on Constructing Composite Indicators. Methodology and User Guide, OECD Publishing, Paris.
- Koopmans T.C. (1951) Analysis of production as an efficient combination of activities, in: T.C. Koopmans (Ed.), Activity Analysis of Production and Allocation, Wiley, New York.
- Lovell K.C.A. (1995) Measuring the macroeconomic performance of the Taiwanese economy, International Journal of Production Economics, 39, pp. 165-178.
- Lovell K.C.A., Pastor J.T., Turner J.A. (1995) Measuring macroeconomic performance in the OECD: A comparison of European and non-European countries, European Journal of Operational Research, No 87, pp. 507-518.
- Manca A.R., Governatori M., Mascherini M. (2010) Towards a set of Composite Indicators on Flexicurity: a Comprehensive Approach, European Commission, Joint Research Centre, European Communities.
- Ramón N., Ruiz J.L., Sirvent I. (2010) A multiplier bound approach to assess relative efficiency in DEA without slacks, European Journal of Operational Research, 203, pp. 261-269.
- Roll Y., Golany B. (1993) Alternate Methods of Treating Factor Weights in DEA, Omega-International Journal of Management Science, Vol. 21, No. 1, pp. 99-109.
- Shen Y., Ruan D., Hermans E., Brijs T., Wets G., Vanhoof K. (2011) Modeling qualitative data in data envelopment analysis for composite indicators, International Journal of System Assurance Engineering and Management, 2 (1), pp. 21-30.
- Wilthagen T. (2012) Flexicurity Practices in the EU – Which Way is Up?, Reflect Research Paper 12/002, Tilburg.
Publication order reference