SPEECH RECOGNITION SOFTWARE: ITS POSSIBLE IMPACT ON THE LANGUAGE LEARNING CLASSROOM
Languages of publication
- British Educational Communications and Technology Agency. (2001). Speech recognition: Information and advice. Retrieved June 9, 2003, from http://www.becta.org.uk/technology/speechrecog/information/software2.html
- Carnegie Mellon University. (2003). Project LISTEN videos. Retrieved June 7, 2003, from Project Listen (Literacy Innovation that Speech Technology Enables), http://www-2.cs.cmu.edu/~listen/mm.html.
- Communication Aids for Language and Learning (CALL) Centre. (2001) Resources to view or download. Retrieved June 7, 2003, from http://callcentre.education.ed.ac.uk/SEN/5-14/Special_Acc_FFA/Speech_Recog_FFB/speech_recog_ffb.html#Resources
- Center for Spoken Language Understanding. (2002). Automatic speech recognition at CSLU. Retrieved June 9, 2003, from http://cslu.cse.ogi.edu/asr/.
- Christensen, B., Maurer, J., Miranda, N., Vanlandingham, E. (2002). Accessing the internet via the human voice. Retrieved January 16, 2003, from http://www.stanford.edu/~jmaurer/homepage.htm
- Diaz, R.M. (1985). "The intellectual power of bilingualism." ERIC Document Reproduction Service No. ED 283368.
- Fabos, B. (2001). "Media in the classroom: An alternative history." Proceedings of the American Educators: Research Association. Seattle, WA.
- Hakuta, K., Ferdman, B.M., Diaz, R.M. (1986). Bilingualism and cognitive development: Three perspectives and methodological implications. Los Angeles: Center for Language Education and Research.
- Kewley-Port, D. (1994). "Speech recognition". In A. Syrdal, R. Bennet & S. Greenspan (Eds.), Applied Speech Technology. Ann Arbor, MI: CRC Press.
- Mieszkowski, K. (2003). How do you say “regime change” in Arabic? Salon.com. Retrieved June 7, 2003, from http://www.salon.com/tech/feature/2003/04/07/phraselator/index_np.html.
- Monke, L. Burniske, R.W. ( 2001). Breaking down the digital walls: Teaching in a post-modem world. Albany: State University of New York.
- Natural Speech Communication. (2002). NSC speech recognition demo. Retrieved June 6, 2003, from NSC Website: http://www.nsc.co.il/
- New World Creations. (2002). Free voice recognition software. Retrieved June 6, 2003, from SpeechTechnology.com Website: http://www.speechtechnology.com/free/links.html
- Ordinate. (2002). Set 10 Demo Test. Retrieved June 9, 2003, from Ordinate Website: http://www.ordinate.com
- Postman, N. (1992). Technopoly. New York: Random House.
- Salaberry, M. R. (2001). "The use of technology for second language learning and teaching: A retrospective." Modern Language Journal, 85(1), 39-56.
- Terry, R. (2002, April 16). The Phraselator: Translation system put to the test in Afghanistan. Washington Post. Retrieved June 7, 2003, from http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wpdyn?pagename=article&node=&contentId=A58740-2002Apr16¬Found=true.
- Zue, V., Cole, R., & Ward, W. (1996). 1.2: Speech recognition. Retrieved June 6, 2003, from the Survey of the State of the Art in Human Language Technology Website: http://cslu.cse.ogi.edu/HLTsurvey/ch1node4.html.
Publication order reference