A mixed control chart adapted to the truncated life test based on the Weibull distribution
Languages of publication
The design of a new mixed attribute control chart adapted to a truncated life test has been pre-sented. It was assumed that the lifetime of a product follows the Weibull distribution and the number of failures was observed using a truncated life test, where the test duration was specified as a fraction of the mean lifespan. The proposed control chart consists of two pairs of control limits based on a bi-nomial distribution and one lower bound. The average run length of the chart was determined for vari-ous levels of shift constants and specified parameters. The efficiency of the chart is compared with an existing control chart in terms of the average run length. The application of the proposed chart is dis-cussed with the aid of a simulation study.
- 1Department of Statistics, Jhang Campus, University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Lahore 54000, Pakistan, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department of Statistics, Faculty of Sciences, King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah 21551, Saudi Arabia, email@example.com
- Department of Industrial and Management Engineering, POSTECH, Pohang 37673, Republic of Korea, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department of Industrial and Management Engineering, POSTECH, Pohang 37673, Republic of Korea, email@example.com
- AL-ORAINI H.A., RAHIM M., Economic statistical design of X control charts for systems with Gamma (λ, 2) in-control times, Comp. Ind. Eng., 2002, 43 (3), 645–654.
- AMIN R.W., REYNOLDS M.R. Jr., SAAD B., Nonparametric quality control charts based on the sign statistic, Comm. Stat. Theory Meth., 1995, 24 (6), 1597–1623.
- WANG H., Comparison of p control charts for low defective rate, Comp. Stat. Data Anal., 2009, 53 (12), 4210–4220.
- CHANG Y.S., BAI D.S., Control charts for positively‐skewed populations with weighted standard deviations, Quality and Reliability Engineering International, 2001, 17 (5), 397–406.
- CHEN F., YEH C., Economic statistical design of non-uniform sampling scheme X bar control charts under non-normality and Gamma shock using genetic algorithm, Expert Systems with Applications, 2009, 36 (5), 9488–9497.
- ISMAIL A.A., Estimating the parameters of Weibull distribution and the acceleration factor from hybrid partially accelerated life test, Applied Mathematical Modelling, 2012, 36 (7), 2920–2925.
- MCCRACKEN A., CHAKRABORTI S., Control charts for joint monitoring of mean and variance: an overview, Qual. Technol. Quant. Manage., 2013, 10, 17–35.
- AHMAD S., RIAZ M., ABBASI S.A., LIN Z., On efficient median control charting, J. Chin. Inst. Eng., 2014, 37 (3), 358–375.
- ASLAM M., AZAM M., KHAN N., JUN C.H., A mixed control chart to monitor the process, Int. J. Prod. Res., 2015, 53 (15), 4684–4693.
- ASLAM M., KHAN N., ALDOSARI M.S., JUN C.H., Mixed control charts using EWMA statistics, IEEE Access, 2016, 4, 8286–8293.
- ASLAM M., JUN C.-H., Attribute control charts for the Weibull distribution under truncated life tests, Qual. Eng., 2015, 27 (3), 283–288.
Publication order reference