An EWMA control chart for the exponential distribution using repetitive sampling plan
Languages of publication
A new EWMA control chart has been proposed under repetitive sampling when a quantitative characteristic follows the exponential distribution. The properties of the proposed chart, including the average run lengths has been is compared with two existing control charts with the help of simulated data. An application of the proposed chart hs been illustrated using a healthcare data set.
- Department of Statistics and Computer Sciences, University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Lahore 54000, Pakistan, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department of Statistics, Faculty of Sciences, King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah 21551, Saudi Arabia, email@example.com
- Department of Industrial and Management Engineering, POSTECH, Pohang 790-784, Republic of Korea, firstname.lastname@example.org
- ROBERTS S., Control chart tests based on geometric moving averages, Technometrics, 1959, 1 (3), 239–250.
- LUCAS J.M., SACCUCCI M.S., Exponentially weighted moving average control schemes: properties and enhancements, Technometrics, 1990, 32 (1), 1–12.
- LIU J.Y., XIE M., GOH T.N., CHAN L.Y., A study of EWMA chart with transformed exponential data, International Journal of Production Research, 2007, 45 (3), 743–763.
- AL-REFAIE A., Evaluating measurement and process capabilities using tabular algorithm procedure with three quality measures, Transactions of the Institute of Measurement and Control, 2012, 34 (5), 604–614.
- AVINADAV T., PERLMAN Y., CHENG T., Economic design of control charts for monitoring batch manufacturing processes, Int. J. Comp. Int. Manuf., 2016, 29 (2), 212–221.
- MURTHY S., RAMBABU Y., Design and application of economical process control charts, Defence Sci. J., 2013, 47 (1), 45–53.
- SANTIAGO E., SMITH J., Control charts based on the exponential distribution. Adapting runs rules for the t-chart, Quality Eng., 2013, 25 (2), 85–96.
- NELSON L.S., A control chart for parts-per-million nonconforming items, J. Qual. Techn., 1994, 26 (3), 239–240.
- ASLAM M., YEN C.H., CHANG C.H., JUN C.H., Multiple dependent state variable sampling plans with process loss consideration, Int. J. Adv. Manuf. Techn., 2014, 71 (5–8), 1337–1343.
- SHERMAN R.E., Design and evaluation of a repetitive group sampling plan, Technometrics, 1965, 7 (1), 11–21.
- ASLAM M., AZAM M., JUN C.-H., A new exponentially weighted moving average sign chart using repetitive sampling, J. Proc. Control, 2014, 24 (7), 1149–1153.
- AHMAD L., ASLAM M. , JUN C.-H., Designing of X-bar control charts based on process capability index using repetitive sampling, Transactions of the Institute of Measurement and Control, 2014, 36 (3), 367–374.
- ASLAM M., AZAM M., JUN C.-H., New attributes and variables control charts under repetitive sampling, Ind. Eng. Manage. Syst., 2014. 13 (1), 101–106.
- ASLAM M., KHAN M., AZAM M., JUN C.-H., Designing of a new monitoring t-chart using repetitive sampling, Inf. Sci., 2014, 269, 210–216.
- SOHN H., CZARNECKI J.A., FARRAR C.R., Structural health monitoring using statistical process control, J. Struct. Eng., 2000. 126 (11), 1356–1363.
- DUCLOS A., VOIRIN N., The p-control chart: a tool for care improvement, Int. J. Qual. Health Care, 2010, 22 (5), 402–407.
Publication order reference