Społeczna nieodpowiedzialność biznesu a kampania odbudowywania wizerunku (na przykładzie koncernu BP)
Social Irresponsibility of Business and a Image Restoration Campaign (Case BP)
Languages of publication
In this paper fashionable at present and broadly promoted doctrine of corporate social responsibility (CSR) has been confronted with the sad reality in which millions citizens around the world and thousands of them in Poland has suffered because of highly irresponsible deals of such corporations, banks and firms like ENRON, Lehman Brothers or Barclays, and in Poland - AMBER GOLD. Such un-ethical./irresponsible socially firms engage PR consultants, which apply already proven methods of crisis PR, theoretically supported by the Benoi's theory of image restoration strategies. The theoretical approach, presented in parts one and two, is illustrated in part three by a case study based on image restoration campaign of BP after 2010 Gulf of Mexico oil spill ecological disaster.
- Adamus-Matuszyńska A., Zintegrowane podejście do społecznej odpowiedzialności wyzwaniem dla public relations, w: Public relations: Doskonalenie procesu komunikowania, red. A. Adamus-Matuszyńska, R. Maćkowska, Wydawnictwo Uniwersytetu Ekonomicznego, Katowice 2012.
- Beder S., Suiting Themselves: How Corporations Drive the Global Agenda, Earthscan, London 2006.
- Beder B., Free Market Missionaries: The Corporate Manipulation of Community Values, Earthscan, London 2006.
- Benoit W.L., Apologies, excuses and accounts: A theory of image restoration strategy, State University of New York Press, Albany 1995.
- BP, BP Releases Report on Causes of Gulf of Mexico Tragedy, 2010.
- Broder, J., BP Shortcuts Led to Gulf Oil Spill, Report Says, "New York Times" 2011, http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/15/science/earth/15spill.html.
- CNN Money, Global 500, http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/global500/2011/ snapshots/6327.html, June 2011.
- CNN U.S., BP apology campaign begins airing, http://articles.cnn.com/2010-06- 02/us/oil.spill.bp.apology, June 2, 2010.
- Corporate Irresponsibility: Deutsche Post DHL's Global Labour Practices Expose, May 2012.
- Coombs T.W., Holladay, S.J., Privileging an activist vs. a corporate view of public relations history in the U.S., "Public Relations Review" 2012.
- Culbertson H., Jeffers D. & Terrel M., Social, Political and Economic Context in Public Relations: Theory and Cases, Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, Hillsdale, N.J. 1993.
- Helman Ch., BP's Deepwater Disaster: What Happened And Why?, http://www.forbes. com/sites/energysource/2010/04/30/bps-deepwater-disaster-what-h, April 30, 2010.
- How the Rig Crew Responded to the Blowout, "New York Times" 2010.
- Mitchell L.E., Symposium, corporate irresponsibility: America's newest export?: Talking with My Friends: A Response to a Dialogue on Corporate Irresponsibility, "The George Washington Law Review" 2002, September/December.
- Ronald D., For BP, oil spill is a public relations catastrophe, http://articles.latimes.com/ 2010/apr/30/business/la-fi-gulf-bp- 20100501, April 30, 2010.
Publication order reference