Ústav „Stefania“ a pôsobenie Anglických panien v Prešove v rokoch 1882–1918
Selected contents from this journal
The Institute “Stefania“ and the Activity of the Sisters of Mary Ward in Prešov in 1882–1918
Languages of publication
The positive impact of secularization lies in the restoration of those religious orders and congregations which were responsible for the education of youth in the 19th century. These orders founded schools for young girls who were educated in manners, Christian doctrine prepared for their role as mothers. In Prešov, part of former Hungary, at present a city in Slovakia, the sisters of Mary Ward established a finishing school. The study captures the internal development of the school from its beginning to the point of the establishment of the first Czechoslovak Republic. More types of schools were located within the institute which shaped the overall character of the entire institution. This article is focused on lower secondary schools and senior girls schools.
- Studia theologica, redakce, Cyrilometodějská teologická fakulta Univerzity Palackého v Olomouci, Univerzitní 22, 771 11 Olomouc, Czech Republic, http://www.studiatheologica.eu
Publication order reference