Rural human capital investment’s driving effects to labor migration - An empirical study based on Vector Error Correction Model
Languages of publication
Based on vector error correction model, this essay aims to test the relationship between the rural human capital investment and labor migration by using the data of Hunan province from 1994 to 2014. Experiment results show the long-term balanced relationship between rural human capital investment and labor migration. Rural human capital investment can boost the transfer of labor force effectively in the long run. While none obvious effect would take in a short time. There is time lag effect on human capital investment. The time needed to amend the cointegration relationship would be long and the primary factor that affects the labor migration is the prophase investment of human capital.
- Becker G.S., 1964. Human capital: A theoretical and empirical analysis. Chicago: University of Chicago Press.
- Becker G., 2012. "Growing human capital investment in China compared to falling investment in the United States", Journal of Policy Modeling, Vol.3494), pp.39-55.
- Benjamin D., Brandt L., Glewwe P.W. and Guo L., 2000. "Markets, Human Capital and Inequality: Evidence from Rural China", William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series, pp.13-25.
- Huffman W.E., 2001. "Human capital: Education and agriculture", In: Gardner, B.H. and Rausser, G.C. (Eds.), Handbook of Agricultural Economics, pp.29-37.
- Jiang Shenglan, 2014. "Influencing factors of the backflow of migrant workers among provinces -an empirical analysis based on the questionnaire of returned migrant workers in Anhui Province", Journal of Agriculture Management, Institute of Ministry of Agriculture, pp.90-96.
- Jiao Binlong, 2011. "Deposit effects exerted by human capital on residents' income gap", Chines Journal of Population Science, pp.27-38.
- Ma Jinping, Zhou Yong, 2013. "Effects of different levels of training to the incomes differences of rural workers: The intermediary function of human capital", Journal of Wuhan University of Science and Technology (Social Science Edition), pp.250-253.
- Wang Meiyan, 2005. "Gender wage differentials in China's urban labor market", Economic Research Journal [Jingji Yanjiu - in Chinese], pp.35-44.
- Wang Zhen, 2010. "Study on the gender wage differentials of migrant workers based on quantile regression analysis", World Economic Papers, pp.51-62.
- Xing Chunbing, 2013. "Regional differences in returns to education and its effect on labor mobility", Economic Research Journal [Jingji Yanjiu - in Chinese], pp.114-125.
- Yang Xinming, Luo Rundong, 2008. "The interaction mechanism between human capital in rural areas and the income gap under the condition of technical progress", The Journal of Quantitative & Technical Economics, Issue 1, pp.74-84.
- Zhang Shiwei, Jia Peng, Zhou Chuang, 2007. "The labor supply analysis of urban family transferred from rural areas", Chinese Journal of Population Resources and Environment, pp.35-42.
Publication order reference