A Ratio-Cum-Product Estimator of Finite Population Mean in Systematic Sampling
Languages of publication
In this paper we consider the problem of estimation of population mean using information on two auxiliary variables in systematic sampling. We have extended Singh (1967) estimator for estimation of population mean in systematic sampling. We have derived the expressions for the bias and mean squared error of the suggested estimator up to the first degree of approximation. We have compared the suggested estimator with existing estimators and obtained the conditions under which the suggested estimator is more efficient. An empirical study has been carried out to demonstrate the performance of the suggested estimator.
- COCHRAN, W. G., (1940). The estimation of the yields of the cereal experiments by sampling for the ratio of grain to total produce. J. Agri. Sci., 30, 262–275.
- HANSEN, M. H., HURWITZ, W. N., GURNEY, M., (1946). Problems and methods of the sample survey of business. J. Amer. Statist. Assoc., 41, 173–189.
- KUSHWAHA, K. S., SINGH H. P., (1989). Class of almost unbiased ratio and product estimators in systematic sampling. J. Ind. Soc. Agri. Statist, 41, 2, 193–205.
- ROBSON, D. S., (1957). Application of multivariable polykays to the theory of unbiased ratio type estimation. J. Amer. Statist. Assoc., 50, 1225–1226.
- SHUKLA, N. D., (1971). Systematic sampling and product method of estimation. In Proceedings of all India Seminar on Demography and Statistics. B.H.U. Varanasi: India.
- SINGH, H. P., SINGH R., (1998). Almost unbiased ratio and product type estimators in systematic sampling. Questiio, 22, 3, 403–416.
- SINGH, H. P., SOLANKI, R. S., (2012). An efficient class of estimators for the population mean using auxiliary information in systematic sampling. Journal of Statistical Theory and Practice, 6, (2), 274–285.
- SINGH, R., MALIK, S., CHAUDHARY, M. K., VERMA, H., ADEWARA, A. A., (2012). A general family of ratio type estimators in systematic sampling. J. Reli. & Stat. Studs., 5, 1, 73–82.
- SINGH, H. P., JATWA, N. K., (2012). A class of exponential type estimators in systematic sampling. Eco. Qulty. Control., 27, 195–208.
- SINGH, H. P., TAILOR, R., JATWA, N. K., (2011). Modified ratio and product estimators for population mean in systematic sampling. J. Modern. Appl. Statist. Meth. 10 , 2, 424–435.
- SWAIN, A. K. P. C., (1964). The use of systematic sampling ratio estimate. J. Ind. Statist. Assoc., 2, 160–164.
- SINGH, M. P., (1967). Ratio-cum-product method of estimation. Metrika, 12, 34–42.
Publication order reference