Środowisko akademickie w Second Life – grupy, kursy i programy akademickie
Academic environment in the Second Life – groups, courses and academic programs
Languages of publication
The article presents the three-dimensional virtual world of the Second Life as a filed of academic activity. The educational sector in the Second Life is still powerful and active despite certain decrease of virtual worlds’ popularity as social and business environments in the recent years. The paper provides a description of member and thematic groups as the academic cooperation tools. It also discusses the workshops, certified courses and academic programs organized in the Second Life, whose aim is to educate the scientific and didactic staff working in virtual environment.
- L. Goel, N. Johnson, I. Junglas, B. Ives, Predicting users return to virtual worlds: a social perspective, „Information Systems Journal” 2013, nr 23.
- R. Hinrichs, Ch. Wankel (red.), Transforming Virtual World Learning (Cutting-Edge Technologies in Higher Education), Emerald Group Publishing, Bingley 2011.
- J. Kemp, D. Livingstone, P. Bloomfield, SLOODLE: Connecting VLE tools with emergent teaching practice in Second Life, „British Journal of Educational Technology” 2009, t. 40, nr 3.
- A. Peachey, J. Gillen, D. Livingstone, S. Smith-Robbins (red.), Researching Learning in Virtual Worlds, Springer, UK 2010.
- Ch. Wankel, J. Kingsley, Higher Education in Virtual Worlds: Teaching and Learning in Second Life, Emerald Group Publishing, Londyn 2009.
Publication order reference