Inicjatywy legislacyjne i polityczne w odniesieniu do funkcjonowania Unii Europejskiej
Legislative and political initiatives on EU’s functioning
Languages of publication
During the debt crisis in Europe as well as during the global financial crisis it became clear that existing solutions on economic governance were highly unsatisfactory. After numerous measures having rather uncoordinated features and executed in an ad hoc manner, even in the particular member states, the EU has started to examine the framework of an economic governance in Europe. The intention of this text is to present, in the chronological order, measures having been adopted in the last three – four years. We start with a description of so called Sixpact consisting of five regulations and one directive. These legal acts aim to strengthen discipline concerning fiscal policies not only in the eurozone but also in all the remaining member states of the EU. They also cover measures on counteracting excessive macroeconomic imbalances. European semester constitutes a very important part of the Sixpact that should foster the co-ordination of the economic governance in the EU. Next, a Treaty on Stability, Co-ordination and Economic Governance has been detailed. It has been indicated that TSCG will not be binding (similarly as the Euro Plus Pact) for all the member states. Finally, the newest European project, so called Twopack, has been described. Twopack significantly interferes into procedures of forming national budgets in the eurozone member states. The article does not provide for the European Stability Mechanism because its description would largely surpass the allowed length of the text.
- Aslund Anders, Why a Breakup of the Euro Area Must be Avoided: Lessons from Previous Breakups, Peterson Institute Policy Brief, August 2012.
- Breugel Policy Contribution, The challenges of Europe’s fourfold union, Issue 2012/13 August 2012, http://aei.pitt.edu/36282/
- Directorate-General for Internal Policies, Policy Department, Economic and Scientific Policy, An Assessment of the European Semester, Study, 2012
- Dziennik Urzędowy Unii Europejskiej, L 306, Tom 54, 23 listopada 2011 r.
- European Commission, Commission Staff Working Document: Completing the Scoreboard for the MIP: Financial Sector Indicator, Brussels, 14.11.2012, SWD (2012) 389 final.
- European Commission, Report form the Commission. Alert Mechanism Report. Report prepared in accordance with Articles 3 and 4 of the Regulation on the prevention and correction of macro-economic imbalances, Brussels, 14.2.2012, COM(2012) 68 final.
- „Gazeta Wyborcza”, Na tym pakcie nie można stracić, 21 lutego 2013 r., http://ec.europa.eu/social/main.jsp?catId=101&intPageId=1471&langId=en.
- http://www.bruegel.org/publications/publication-detail/publication/751-an-assessment-of-the-european-semester, An Assessment of the European Semester.
- http://www.bruegel.org/publications/publication-detail/publication/758-on-the-effectiveness-and-legitimacy-of-eu-economic-policies/, On the effectiveness and legitimacy of EU economic policies.
- Strauss-Kahn D., Crisis Management Arrangements for a European Banking System, keynote speech at the European Commission conference Building a Crisis Management Framework for the Internal Market, Brussels, 19 March 2010.
- Zombirt J., Mechanizmy rynku wewnętrznego Unii Europejskiej, Difin, Warszawa 2011.
Publication order reference