Diversity Management in Education as a Factor of State Security
Languages of publication
Diversity management becomes more and more popular as a factor of the enterprise competitiveness’ increase. Diversity is present at any enterprise indeed, apart from its trade subordination or history. You can accomplish significant economic and social gains and make enterprise more successful - if you use and develop the diversity of its personnel. Purpose. This paper’s purpose is to determine the special role of diversity management in educational institutions and to work out the hypothesis of potential impact of diversity management in education in the state security. Methods. The following methods have been used in the paper: critical analysis of scientific sources and results of practical experience, structural-functional analysis, modeling, systematization (for the analysis of existing definitions of the "state security" concept), generalization. The statistical results of an empirical research of the inclusive environment management of educational institutions have been analyzed. Results. The countries of the post-Soviet space successfully adopt Western experience of diversity management, in particular, in educational institutions, - and it has become a common thing. Educational institutions in this aspect play a special role, because they function as a factor of social capital and future generation formation. They create a base for development of plenty of the organizations with diversity management, that will result in occurrence of more competitive organizations and improvement of labor quality. However, more global aspects of this problem have not been investigated enough. If enterprises with diversity management are more successful and competitive, than longer will such enterprises exist, more stable and successful the state as a whole will be. This possible influence of educational institutions’ diversity management on state security has not been analyzed enough.
- Ammerdown Group (2016). Rethinking Security: A Discussion Paper. Retrieved (17.12.2018) from: http://rethinkingsecurity.org.uk
- Bojaruniec, M., Florek, I, Jarmoła, P. (2018). Diversity Management in Poland and Ukraine as an Answer to Demographic Changes Intercultural Communication. Intercultural Communication. ISSN 2451 0998, pp. 147-176. Retrieved (21.12.2018) from: http://www.interculturalwsge.com/Zarzadzanie-roznorodnoscia-w-Polsce-i-na-Ukrainie-jako-odpowiedz-na-zmiany-demograficzne,93303,0,2.html
- Diversity and Inclusion. Official website. Retrieved (10.12.2018) from: https://corporate.ford.com/company/diversity.html
- Diversity Management. Business Dictionary. Retrieved (10.12.2018) from: http://www.businessdictionary.com/definition/diversity-management.html
- Haas, I. (2013). Considering diversity in the context of corporate social responsibility. Retrieved (10.12.2018) from: https://www.diversity-experts.org/science/considering-diversity-in-the-context-of-corporate-social-responsibility
- Law of Ukraine "On National Security of Ukraine" No 2469-VIII, 21.06.2018. Retrieved (23.12.2018) from: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/2469-19#n355 (in Ukrainian)
- Loden, L., Rosener, J.В. (1991). Workforce America! Managing Employee Diversity as a Vital Resource. Homewood, IL: Business Ore Irwin, 250 p.
- Lumadi, M.W. (2011). Managing diversity at higher education and training institutions: a daunting task. Journal of Diversity Management, Fourth Quarter 2008, Volume 3, Number 4, pp. 1-9.
- Malloy, T.H. (2013). Minority Issues in Europe: Rights, Concepts, Policy. Berlin: Verlag fur wissenschaftliche Literatur, 351 p.
- Nesterenko, G., Yemelianenko, Y. (2016). Diversity management strategies for the adaptation of educational systems to the challenges of social marginalization. IDE-Online Journal (International Dialogues on Education: Past and Present). ISSN 2198-5944, 2016/12. Volume 3, Number 3. Retrieved (10.01.2019) from: https://www.ide-journal.org/article/2016-volume-3-number-3-diversity-management-strategies-for-the-adaptation-of-educational-systems-to-the-challenges-of-social-marginalization/
- Nesterenko, G.O. (2009). Samovidtvorennya ukrayins'koyi politychnoyi natsiyi: pryntsypy ta mekhanizmy [Self-Reproduction of the Ukrainian Political Nation: Principles and Mechanisms]. (Sc.D. Thesis). Kyiv, National Institute for Strategic Studies, 428 р.
- Nesterenko, G.O. (2016). Aksiolohiya inklyuzyvnoyi osvity ta pedahohiky heterohennosti [Axiology of inclusive education and pedagogy of heterogeneity]. Bulletin of the Kiev National Trade and Economic University, No 2 (106), pp. 53-66. (in Ukrainian).
- Paleri, P. (2008). National Security: Imperatives and Challenges. New Delhi: Tata McGraw-Hill. p. 521.
- Pevzner, М.N., Petriakov, P.A., Stadnik, V.V., Algermissen, U. (2016). Management mnogoobrazia [Diversity management]. Khmelnitsky: PIF А.S. Gonta, 354 p. (in Russian).
- Pevzner, М.N., Petriakov, P.А., Ushanova, I.А. (2015). Menedzhment mnogoobraziya kak instrument korporativnoy kul’tury vuza [Diversity management as a tool of corporate culture of the university]. The bulletin of Novgorod state university, No 88, pp. 85-88. (in Russian).
- Rice, M. (2015). Diversity and public administration. ISBN 9780765622631. New York: Routledge, 322 p.
- Romm, J.J. (1993). Defining national security: the nonmilitary aspects. Pew Project on America's Task in a Changed World (Pew Project Series). Council on Foreign Relations. 122 p.
- Samygin, S.I., Latysheva, A.T., Cherevik, C.S. (2016). Social safety as sociocultural activity. All-Russian scientific journal, ISSN 2220-2404, pp. 58-62. Retrieved (18.12.2018) from: https://dekanat.unecon.ru/DOCS/stud_files/321871/Gum_Sots-Ek_I_Obsch_Nauki_1-2_2016.pdf#page=58
- Sherayzina, R.M., Zynovieva, S.D. (2016). Mnogoobraziye kak problema obrazovatel’nogo menedzhmenta [Diversity as a problem of educational management]. IDE-Online Journal (International Dialogues on Education: Past and Present). ISSN 2198-5944. 2016/12. Volume 3, Number 3.
- Starostka-Patyk, M., Tomski, P., Zawada, M. (2015). Diversity management as a part of corporate social responsibility policy. International Conference on Communication, Management and Information Technology, Procedia Computer Science 65, pp. 1038-1045.
- Syed, J., Kramar, R. (2009). Social responsible diversity management. Journal of Management Organization, ISSN 1833-3672, vol. 15/5/2009, pp. 639-651.
- Tishkov, V.A. (2018). Etnicheskoe i religioznoe mnogoobrazie Rossii: itogi i perspektivy issledovaniya [Ethnic and religious diversity of Russia: results and prospects]. Retrieved (21.12.2018) from: http://www.lihachev.ru/pic/site/files/lihcht/2018/dokladi/TishkovVA_plen_rus_izd.pdf (in Russian).
- Tishkov, V.А., Stepanov, V.V. eds. (2017). Etnicheskoye i religioznoye mnogoobraziye Rossii [Ethnical and religious variety of Russia]. Мoscow: Institute for Ethnology and Anthropology, RAS, 551 p. (in Russian).
- Umantsiv, U.M. (2018). Sotsial'nyy vymir konkurentospromozhnosti korporatsiy [Social measurement of the organisations’ competitiveness]. Retrieved (21.12.2018) from: http://ir.kneu.edu.ua/bitstream/2010/25507/1/SP_18_29.pdf (in Ukrainian).
Publication order reference