Organisation of Execution of Police Tasks in the Context of Risk Management Process
Languages of publication
The paper focuses on the presentation of statutory tasks and procedures applied by the Police in crisis proceedings. The description of the formation is enhanced by its organisational structure which is shown from the perspective of particular stages of crisis management. The author also describes the command system applied by the Police in intervention, action and operation activities. The information presented therein serves as a background for better comprehension of the specifics regarding risk management, security of the state, public order and protection of critical infrastructure. Functioning of the Police formation is possible thanks to widely understood risk management. The Police like other law enforcement agencies and institutions functioning in multiple functional spheres, applies various tools of risk assessment and methods of its analysis.
- the Higher Police Training School in Szczytno ul. Marszałka Józefa Piłsudskiego 111, 12-100 Szczytno - Poland , firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cardinal Stefan Wyszynski University in Warsaw ul. Dewajtis 5, 01-815 Warszawa - Poland , email@example.com
- Act of 6 April 1990 on the Police.art. 6g Journal of laws of 1990, No 30, item 179 as amended.
- Act of 18 April 2002 on a state of natural disaster.Journal of laws of no 62, item 558, no 74, item 676 as amended.
- Act of 21 June 2002 on a state of emergency.Journal of laws of no 113, item 985 as amended.
- Act of 23 January 2009 on voivod and government administration in the voivodship.Journal of laws of 2009 No 31, item 206, of 2010 no 40, item 230 of 2011 No 22, item 114, No 92, item 529, No 163, item 981, No 185, item 1092.
- Act of 26 April 2007 on crisis management.Journal of laws of 2007 No 89, item 590, of 2009 No 11, item 59, No 65, item 553, No 85, item 716, No 131, item 1076, of 2010 No 240, item 1600, of 2011 No 22, item 114, of 2012 items 460, 908, 951.
- Act of 20 March 2009 on mass events security.Journal of laws of 2009, no 62, item 504.
- Act of 24 August 2001 on the Military Police and the military forces of law and order.Journal of laws of no 123, item 1353 as amended.
- BPiRD KGP (2012). Standaryzowane narzędzia szacowania ryzyka przemocy w rodzinie – wzmacnianie kompetencji europejskich policjantów. Leonardo da Vinci – Life Long Learning, 2012-1-PL1-LEO04-28099_1.
- Decision no 125 of the Police Commander in Chief of 5 April 2013 on funkctioning of the National System of Police Information.HQ Official Journal KGP of 2013, item 28.
- Decision of the Police Commander in Chief No 110 of 30 April 2010 on Internal Audit Card in the Police Headquarters.Official Journal KGP of 2010 no 5.
- Directive no 768 The Police Commander in Chief of 14 August 2007 on forms and methods of tasks execution for the Police officers on patrol duty and on coordination of prevention activities.HQ Official Journal KGP of 2007, no 15.
- Directive no 982 of 21 September 2007 on regulations governing organisation and mode of execution of the Police tasks related to reconnaissance, counteracting, combating crimes and offences committed during sporting events and on gathering and processing information related to security of mass sporting events.HQ Official Journal of 2007, no 17.
- Directive of the Minister of Interior of 31 December 2012 on processing information by the Police.Journal of laws of 2013, item 8.
- Directive no 213 of the Police Commander in Chief of 28 February 2007 on methods and forms of preparation and execution of police tasks in case of a threat for life or health of citizens or their property, security and public order.HQ Official Journal of 2007 No 5, item 49.
- Directive no 1041 the Police Commander in Chief of 28 September 2007 on detailed rules of organisation and the scope of activities of headquarters, police stations and other organisational units of the Polish police forces.HQ Official Journal of 2009 no 15, item 72 as amended.
- Directive of the Police Commander in Chief no 1429 of 31 December 2004 on implementation of crisis response procedures.HQ Official Journal no 3 of 28 January 2005, item 8.
- EU Council Directive of 8 December 2008 on the identification and designation of European critical infrastructures and the assessment of the need to improve their protection.2008/114/EC.
- Guideline No 3/2000 of the Police Commander in Chief of 16 June 2000 on the Police proceedings in the conditions of a natural disaster and technical failure and in other situations posing a threat for security of people or environment.HQ Official Journal of 2000.
- Hołyst, B. (2013). Policja na świecie. Warszawa: LexisNexis Polska.
- Misiuk, A. (2008). Historia policji w Polsce. Warszawa: Wydawn. Akademickie i Profesjonalne.
- National Program of Critical Infrastructure Protection. (2018). [ebook] Warsaw. Available at: http://rcb.gov.pl/narodowy-program-ochrony-infrastruktury-krytycznej-2/ [Accessed 2015].
- Proclamation of the Marshal of the Polish Parliamanent of 7 August 2013 on announcing consolidated text of the act of 26 April 2007 on crisis management.Journal of laws of 2013, item 1166.
- The Convention for the Suppression of Unlawful Seizure of Aircraft signed in the Hague on 16 December 1970.Journal of laws of 1972 no 25, item 181 as amended.
- Siekierski, J. (2013). [online] Available at: http://gazeta.policja.pl/997/inne/prawo/87063 [Accessed 29 Dec. 2013].
- Zarządzanie ryzykiem - Terminologia PKN-ISO Guide 73. (2012). Warszawa: Polski Komitet Normalizacyjny.
Publication order reference