Anna Sierzpowska-Zborowska - polska protektorka i modelka Modiglianiego.
Anna Sierzpowska-Zborowska – Modigliani’s model and polish protector.
Languages of publication
The following article on Anna Sierzpowska-Zborowska, Modigliani’s model, is a cue of progress in studies over biography dedicated to a Polish art dealer and poet – Leopold Zborowski (known in his circle also as Zbo or Zboro). He gained his world fame as a protector of many artists who built up international bohème of the first decades of the 20th century, defined as ‘École de Paris’. Anna Sierzpowska was Zborowski’s life companion. The studies resulted in a statement that she was equally to her husband engaged in promotion of the artists who were related with Zbo by friendship or con- tract. In the text Anna Sierzpowska’s fascinating journey from provincial Lublin to Paris is followed. Within this article, as well as in the whole study currently in preparation, an attempt has been made to separate truth from legends referring to the Zborowskis and an objective approach to many people closely bound to the couple. The study has been ordered up on the basis of very few academic texts and enriched with new bibliography sources: letters, poems and recollections of people from the art world who were so deeply impressed by the marchand and his wife’s personalities that they decided to dedicate to the couple some pages of their own memoirs. The image of the Zborowskis has been completed with archival photos and a broad spectrum of portraits executed for Anna and Leopold by the most outstanding representatives of Parisian bohéme.
- A. Werner, Amedeo Modigliani, Paris 1968
- J. Modigliani, Modigliani sans légende, Firenze 1958
- I. J. Kamiński, Miłość Anny, „Kamena” 1992, nr 3/4
- K. Gawarecka, Wspominam dra Jaczewskiego, „Kultura i Życie”, dodatek do: „Sztandar Ludu” 1964, nr 21
- T. Michałowska-Barłóg, Z Lublina do Paryża. Anna Zborowska w rodzin- nej tradycji i na portretach Modiglianiego, [w:] Ziemiaństwo na Lubelszczyźnie III, Lublin 2007,
- P. Sichel, Modigliani, Warsza- wa 1971, przeł. M. Skibniewska
Publication order reference