Rynek pracy po akcesji Polski do UE
Labour Market After Poland’s Accession to the EU
Languages of publication
Fighting unemployment in the EU has been and still is the most serious challenge to economic policy. Poland’s entry into the EU meant not only the opening of European labour markets to Poles, but also significant transformations that made our market more flexible and which have helped alleviate the effects of the global financial crisis. The new situation is a new challenge with regards to increasing productivity and the ability of the economy to create new jobs. Unfortunately, apart from the positive effects of the transformation, unfavorable phenomena have emerged including the too-frequent use of fi xed-term contracts by employers. This unfavorable phenomenon lessens an employer’s motivation to invest in an employee and to improve his or her qualifi cations and in the longer term worsens the socio-economic situation. The author of this article has attempted to assess the functioning of the labour market, taking into account the years 2012–2016. The choice of this particular period is directly related to the pace of the economic changes that took place at that time and the incubation of new, unidentified problems such as the following; the impact of EU funds on increasing the competitiveness of employers in the employment process and the phenomenon of the economic and financial recession, which at the turn of caused a signifi cant rise in unemployment and a decrease in employment.
- Brzychcy K., Regionalny rynek pracy, CeDeWu.pl, Warszawa 2013.
- Głąbicka K., Rynek pracy w jednoczącej się Europie, Warszawa 2005.
- Huńka T., Lis S., Maciaszczyk P., Rynek pracy uwarunkowania ekonomiczne, prawne i społeczne, PWSZ, Expol, Włocławek 2015.
- Kozek W., Rynek pracy, perspektywa instytucjonalna, WUW, Warszawa 2014.
- Maleszczyk P., Rynki pracy państw Unii Europejskiej w okresie kryzysu, Uniwersytet MCS, Lublin 2016.
- Polskie 10 lat w UE, MSZ, Warszawa 2014.
- Pujer K., Rynek pracy w Polsce – szanse i zagrożenia, Exante, Wrocław 2016.
- Wach K., Europejski rynek pracy, Wolters Kluwer business, Kraków 2007.
- Zieliński M., Rynek pracy w teoriach ekonomicznych, CeDeWu.pl, Warszawa 2012.
Publication order reference