The Formation Of Future Sustainable Development Of Ukraine: Issues And Current State
Languages of publication
Ensuring sustainable (balanced) development is a complex task that requires a systematic approach. One of the important aspects of this security system is management. In this context, it is difficult to overestimate the role of public administration – from the formation of its principles, goals and objectives to making specific decisions on their implementation. Public administration is defined as a deliberate influence on social processes, encompassing the actions of governmental and non-governmental actors such as civil society, scientists, researchers and private organizations. Not only international or national, but also regional and local levels of governance, ensuring their systematic activity, which determines the success or failure of joint efforts, is critical for the sustainable (balanced) development implementation, since in the context of globalization, harmonized public governance at all territorial levels is a necessary condition for achieving the goals and objectives of sustainable development. Global issues require not only timely response but concerted precautionary action at all levels. It is in this chain that it is often revealed that management experts have been called "evolutionary dichronosis" which is the lag of public administration systems adaptation from the pace of change occurring at different levels of government requiring new approaches, ideas and new management decisions. This is why special attention is paid to management issues in the formulation of proposals for Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) for the period after 2015, taking into account the three main aspects of governance – good governance, effective management and fair management. Institutional capacity of authorities at different levels to make responsible decisions, formulate realistic goals, apply adequate indicators that demonstrate their achievement, implement sustainable management models that are acceptable for the effective implementation of sustainable development policies, and create conditions for such development – all these components of public administration are considered in the suggested guide. Particular attention is paid to the issues of decision-making in public administration in the development and implementation of sustainable (balanced) development policies.
- Draft report of Ukraine to the UN Conference on Sustainable (Balanced) Development of Rio + 20. Lisovsky S., Marushevsky G., Pavlichenko P., Rudenko L., Tymochko T. – K .: Center of environmental education and information. 2012.-60 p.
- Status of implementation of the provisions of the Agenda for the 21st Century in Ukraine (2002 – 2012) / Ed. by Rudenko L. – K.: Akademperiodika, 2014.-359 p.
- Association Agreement between Ukraine and the European Union, official text. [Electronic resource]. – Access mode: http://www.kmu.gov.ua/kmu/control/en/publish/article?art_id=246581344&
- Rio Declaration on Environment and Development [Electronic resource] – Access mode: http://zakon2.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/995_455
- Conceptual Basics of Sustainable Territorial Development Programming [Electronic resource] – Access mode: https://mindjournal.wseh.pl/sites/default/files/article/03-17/konceptualnye_osnovy_programmirovaniya_ustoychivogo_territorialnogo_razvitiya.pdf
Publication order reference