Sampling Designs Proportionate to Non-negative Functions of two Quantiles of Auxiliary Variable
Languages of publication
Estimation of the population average in a finite population by means of sampling strategies dependent on sample quantiles of an auxiliary variable are considered. The sampling design proportional to an order statistic of an auxiliary variable was defined by Wywiał (2007, 2008). It was generalized into case of the sampling design proportional to the difference of two order statistics by Wywiał (2009), too. In this paper those results are generalized on the case of a conditional sampling design. Several strategies including the Horvitz-Thompson statistic and regression estimators are considered. Their accuracy is analyzed on the basis of computer simulation experiments.
- Horvitz, D. G., Thompson, D. J. (1952): A Generalization of Sampling without Replacement from a Finite Universe,"Journal of the American Statistical Association", 47, 663-685
- Särndal, C.E., Swensson, B., Wretman, J. (1992): Model Assisted Survey Sampling. Springer-Verlag, New York - Berlin - Heidelberg
- Singh, P., Srivastava, A.K. (1980): Sampling Schemes Providing Unbiased Regression Estimators, Biometrika, 67 (1) S. 205-9.
- Tillé, Y. (1999): Estimation in Surveys Using Conditional Probabilities: Complex Design. Survey Methodology25, 57-66.
- Tillé, Y. (2006): Sampling algorithms, Springer, New York
- Wywiał J.L. (2003): On Conditional Sampling Strategies. "Statistical Papers", Vol. 44, 3, s. 397-419.
- Wywiał J.L. (2007): Simulation Analysis of Accuracy Estimation of Population Mean on the Basis of Strategy Dependent on Sampling Design Proportionate to the Order Statistic of an Auxiliary Variable. "Statistics in Transition - New Series", Vol. 8, No. 1, s. 125-137.
- Wywiał J.L. (2008): Sampling Design Proportional to Order Statistic of Auxiliary Variable. "Statistical Papers", Vol. 49, No. 2, s. 277-289.
- Wywiał J.L. (2009): Performing Quantiles in Regression Sampling Strategy. "Model Assisted Statistics and Applications", Vol. 4, No. 2, s. 131-142.
Publication order reference