Estimation of Population Mean in Post-Stratified Sampling Using Known Value of Some Population Parameter(S)
Languages of publication
Following Khoshnevisan et.al. (2007) and Koyuncu and Kadilar (2009), this paper develops a general family of combined estimators of the population mean in post-stratified sampling (PSS) scheme, using known values of some population parameters of an auxiliary variable. Properties of the proposed family of estimators, including conditions for optimal efficiency, are obtained up to first order approximations. The results are illustrated empirically.
- CHAUDHARY, M.K., SINGH, R., SHUKLA, R.K., KUMAR, M. and SMARANDACHE, F. (2009): A family of estimators for estimating population mean in stratified sampling under non-response. Pak. J. Stat. Oper. Res. V(1), 47-54.
- COCHRAN, W.G. (1977): Sampling Techniques, John Wiley and Sons, New York.
- KADILAR, C. and CINGI, H. (2003): Ratio Estimators in Stratified Random Sampling. Biometrical Journal 45(2), 218-225.
- KHOSHNEVISAN, M., SINGH, R., CHAUHAN, P., SAWAN, N., and SMARANDACHE, F. (2007). A general family of estimators for estimating population mean using known value of some population parameter(s), Far East Journal of Theoretical Statistics, 22, 181–191.
- KOYUNCU, N. and KADILAR, C. (2009). Ratio and product estimators in stratified random sampling, Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference 139 (8), 2552-2558.
- PANDY, B.N. and DUBEY, VYAS (1988): Modified product estimator using coefficient of variation of auxiliary variate, Assam Statistical Rev., 2(2), 64-66.
- SEARLS, D.T. (1964): The utilization of known coefficient of variation in the estimation procedure. Journal of American Statistical Association, 59, 1125-1126.
- SEARLS, D.T. and INTARAPANICH, P. (1990): A note on an estimator for the variance that utilizes the kurtosis. The American Statistician, 44(4), 295-296.
- SEN, A.R. (1978): Estimation of the population mean when the coefficient of variation is known. Commun. Statist., Theory-Meth. A(7), 657-672.
- SINGH, G.N. (2003): On the improvement of product method of estimation in sample surveys. Jour. Ind. Soc. Agric. Statistics, 56(3), 267-275.
- SINGH, H.P. AND KAKRAN, M.S. (1993): A Modified Ratio Estimator Using Known Coefficients of Kurtosis of an Auxiliary Character (unpublished).
- SINGH, H.P. AND TAILOR, R. (2003): Use of known correlation coefficient in estimating the finite population mean. Statistics in Transition, 6(4), 555-560.
- SINGH, J., PANDEY, B.N. and HIRANO, K. (1973): On the utilization of a known coefficient of kurtosis in the estimation procedure of variance. Ann. Inst. Stat. Math., 25, 51-55.
- SISODIA, B.V.S. and DWIVEDI, V.K. (1981): A Modified Ratio Estimator Using Coefficient of Variation of Auxiliary Variable. Journal of Indian Society Agricultural Statistics 33, 13-18.
- STEPHAN, F. (1945): The expected value and variance of the reciprocal and other negative powers of a positive Bernoulli variate. Ann. Math. Stat., 16, 50-61.
- UPADHYAYA, L.N. and SINGH, H.P. (1999): Use of Transformed Auxiliary Variable in Estimating the Finite Population Mean. Biometrical Journal 41(5), 627-636.
Publication order reference