Governance w optyce metodologii postmodernistycznego myślenia
Governance in the Optics of Postmodernistic Thinking Methodology
Languages of publication
The autor tackles the problem of the functioning of an organization in the context of challenges of postmodernism. The most important issues of postmodernism that are important from the organization management perspecvtive are: the loss of importance of "big narrations", the role of discourse in the process of knowledge mastering, the linkage between discourse and reality of power (which are deeply rooted in knowledge), changes in the area of research orientation (disclosing of the lack of determinism, strengthening of resistance), the role of language in the deconstruction of meanings and treating the reality as simulacrum (the simulation of substituting the real world with the descriptuion of the current order of the world). Although postmodernism in a clear form is not suitable for system thinking, attempts are being made to reconcile different postmodernistic principles with the principles of system thinking and to use methods based on different paridigms (functionalist, interpretative, emancipationist) in the spirit of postmodernism. The methodology of postmodernistic thinking applies to the new conditions of functioning of an organization.
- J.F. Lyotard: The Postmodern Condition: A Report on Knowledge. Manchester University Press, Manchester 1984.
- R. Cooper, J. Burrel: Modernism, Postmodernism And Organizational Analysis: An Introduction. "Organizational Studies" 1988, No. 9.
- J. Rokita: Myślenie systemowe w zarządzaniu organizacjami. Wydawnictwo Uniwersytetu Ekonomicznego, Katowice 2011.
- A.R. Taket, L.A. White: Partnership and Participation: Decision - Making in the Multiagency Setting. John Wiley, Chichester 2000.
- M.C. Jackson: System Thinking: Creative Holism for Managers. John Wiley, Chichester 2004.
- M.C. Jackson: System Thinking: Creative Holism for Managers. John Wiley, Chichister 2004.
- W.K. Tapp: Towards Heuristic Systems Methods for Genering New Knowledge in Postindustrial Business. Phd Thesis. University Of Cape Town, South Africa 1999.
- M. Alversson, S. Deez: Critical Theory and Postmodernist Approaches to Organizational Studies. W: Handbook of Organizational Studies. Eds. S.R. Clegg, C. Hardy, W.R. Nord. Sage Publications, London 1996.
Publication order reference