Review of Ten Years of Albanian Competition Law Developments
Languages of publication
Albania was one of the last countries in Europe to adopt a free market economy after suffering from one of the worst dictatorial communist regimes in the world. In order to succeed in its efforts to establish a free market economy, Albania needed to undertake a set of reforms to modernize its economy in order to cope with the new reality of global markets and Euro-Atlantic integration. An important aspect of these reforms is also the implementation of a competition law in line with the acquis an its effective implementation. A lot has been achieved in the last ten years but there is a lot to be done still in order to facilitate a competitive economy able to cope with Albania’s EU integration. The work of the ACA is only one aspect of this process, but it is of utmost importance for the development of the national economy and successful EU membership.
- Baleta T., Kallfa N. et. al., Dominimi i tregut bankar shqiptar [Dominance of the Albanian banking market], Tirana 2000.
- Broka P., Nazifi E., ‘Risitë në të drejtën shqiptare të konkurrencës’ (2011) 1 Revista Juridike. Broka P., ‘The Court of Appeals of Tirana upholds the District Court’s judgment quashing the NCA decision concerning a concerted practice case in the markets for wheat import and production of flour (Atlas/Bloja)’ (20 April 2012) N° 49031. e-Competitions Bulletin. Carpagnano M., ‘Private Enforcement of Competition Law Arrives in Italy: Analysis of the Judgment of the European Court of Justice in Joined Cases C-295-289/04 Manfredi’
- (2006) 3(1) The Competition Law Review.
- Collusion and Corruption in Public Procurement, OECD, Paris 2010. Guidelines for Fighting Bid Rigging in Public Procurement, OECD, Paris 2009.
- Laina F., Laurinen E., ‘The EU Cartel Settlement Procedure: Current Status and Challenges’ (2013) Journal of European Competition Law & Practice.
- M&A Index Q1 2014, Allen & Overy, London 2014.
- M&A Index, H1 2013, Allen & Overy, London 2013. ‘Mergers and Acquisitions Ante Portas?’ (2013) 7 Bankieri.
- Nazifi E., Broka P., ‘Fighting Cartels ‘Albanian Style’: The Practice of the Albanian Competition Authority against Anticompetitive Agreements’, International Masaryk Conference for Ph.D. Students and Young Researchers 2013 Proceedings.
- Redek T., Memaj F., Prašnikar J., Trobec D., Albania: The Role of Intangible Capital in Future Growth, Ljubljana 2012.
Publication order reference