ANALYSIS OF SELECTED MARKET BEHAVIOURS IN THE EUROPEAN AND POLISH PRIVATE EQUITY SECTORS IN 2000–2012
Languages of publication
The Polish private equity sector is a relatively new segment of the Polish financial market, as it emerged only at the beginning of the 1990s. In terms of capital, it is strongly linked to firms from outside Poland, especially European and American ones. Moreover, international firms are also significant capital donors for private equity funds in Poland. Thus, the question arises as to how these facts influence the market behaviours of Polish private equity funds. The study is based on data from 2000–2012, with Poland compared to the European market.
- Barber L. (2010) Post-Crisis Britain: What Is to Be Done? Vital Speeches International. Vol. 2 Issue 4.
- Butler R. (2008) Private Equity after the Crunch: A Route Map for the New Investment Landscape, Reuters IFR Market Intelligence.
- Campbell D., Campbell M. (2008) The economic impact of private equity 360°, Ashridge Journal (Spring), Ashridge Businee School.
- Christopoulos A., Mylonakis J., Koromilas Ch. (2011) Measuring the Impact of Financial Crisis on International Markets: An Application of the Financial Stress Index, Review of European Studies, Vol. 3, No. 1.
- Cohen H.R. (2012) Preventing the Fire Next Time: Too Big To Fail, Academic Journal Texas Law Review, Vol. 90, Issue 7.
- Coller J. (2008) What Goes Up, Must Come Down EVCA Yearbook, Zaaventem Belgium.
- Decree of the Council of Ministers on the maximum portion of assets of Open Pension Funds that can be invested in particular types of assets and additional limitations on the investment activity conducted by Pension Funds of February 3, 2004 (Journal of Laws 2004 no. 32, item 276).
- EVCA Yearbooks 2001–2013, Brussels, Belgium.
- Gurung A., Lerner J. (2010) Executive summary [in:] The Global Economic Impact of Private Equity Report, The Globalization of Alternative Investments Working Papers, Vol. 3: World Economic Forum, Geneva.
- Kaplan S.N., Stromberg P. (2008) Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity, Journal of Economic Perspectives, Vol. 22, No. 4.
- Kaplan S., Schoar A. (2003) Private Equity Performance: Returns, Persistence and Capital Flow, MIT Sloan School of Management, Working Paper 4446–03.
- Ljungqvist A., William J. W., (2003) IPO pricing in the Dot-Com bubble, Journal of Finance, Vol. 58, April, 723-752.
- Loughran T., Ritter J. R. (2004) Why Has IPO Underpricing Changed Over Time?, Financial Management, Vol. 33, No. 3.
- Nazelle N. (2008) Back to basics, EVCA Yearbook, Zaaventem Belgium.
- Payne J. (2011) Private Equity and Its Regulation in Europe, European Business Organization Law Review, 12:559–585.
- The Global Economic Impact of Private Equity Report (2010) The Globalization of Alternative Investments Working Papers, Vol. 3: World Economic Forum Geneva.
- Thomson Reuters (2009a) European Private Equity Industry at Lowest Ebb Since 2001, Data Room, European Venture Capital Journal, 30 March, 2009.
- Thomson Reuters (2009b) Pension funds weigh up private equity prospects, Analysis, European Venture Capital Journal, 29 January, 2009.
Publication order reference