Interactive fuzzy numbers in the evaluation of the effectiveness of investment projects and selection of efficient portfolios
Selected contents from this journal
Languages of publication
The paper presents a method for evaluating the effectiveness and risks of investment projects and the selection of efficient portfolios in a situation where parameters in the calculation of effectiveness are expressed in the form of interactive fuzzy numbers. Fuzzy model simulations are used to perform arithmetic operations on interactive fuzzy numbers. The process of selecting investment projects takes into account statistical and economic dependences between projects.
- BUCKLEY J.J., Solving fuzzy equations in economics and finance, Fuzzy Sets and Systems, 1992, 48, 289–296.
- BUCKLEY J.J., The fuzzy mathematics of finance, Fuzzy Sets and Systems, 1987, 21, 257–273.
- CALZI M.LI, Toward a general setting for the fuzzy mathematics of finance, Fuzzy Sets and Systems, 1990, 35, 265–280.
- CHAN F.T.S., CHAN M.H., TANG N.K.H., Evaluation methodologies for technology selection, Journal of Materials Processing Technology, 2000, 107, 330–337.
- CHOOBINEH F., BEHRENS A., Use of intervals and possibility distribution in economic analysis, Journal of Operations Research Society, 1992, 43, 907–918.
- DICKINSON M.W., THOMTON A.C., GRAVES S., Technology portfolio management. Optimizing interdependent projects over multiple time period, IEE Transaction on Engineering Management, 2001, 48, 518–527.
- DIMOVA L., SEVASTIANOV D., SEVASTIANOV P., Application of fuzzy sets theory, methods for the evaluation of investment efficiency parameters, Fuzzy Economic Review 2000, 5, 34–48.
- ESOGBUE A.O., HEARNES W.E., On Replacement Models via a Fuzzy Set Theoretic Framework, IEEE Transactions on Systems Manufacturing and Cybernetics. Part C. Applications and Reviews, UK, 1998, 28, 549–558.
- HUANG X., Credibility-based chance – constrained integer programming models with fuzzy parameters, Information Sciences, 2006, 176, 2698–2712.
- HUANG X., Fuzzy chance–constrained portfolio selection, Applied Mathematics and Computation, 2006, 177, 500–507.
- KAHRAMAN C., RUAN D., TOLGA E., Capital budgeting techniques using discounted fuzzy versus probabilistic cash flows, Information Sciences, 2002, 42, 57–76.
- KAHRAMAN C., TOLGA E., ULUKAN Z., Justification of manufacturing technologies using fuzzy benefit/cost ratio analysis, International Journal of Production Economics, 2000, 66, 45–52.
- KAHRAMAN C., RUAN D., DOZDAG C.E., Optimization of Multilevel Investments Using Dynamic Programming Based on Fuzzy Cash Flows, Fuzzy Optimization and Decision Making, 2003, 2, 101–122.
- KUCHTA D., Fuzzy capital budgeting, Fuzzy Sets and Systems, 2000, 111, 367–385.
- LIU B., IWAMURA K., Chance constrained programming with fuzzy parameters, Fuzzy Sets and Systems, 1998, 94, 227–237.
- LIU B., LIU Y.K., Expected value of fuzzy variable and fuzzy expected value models, IEE Transaction on Fuzzy Systems, 2002, 10, 445–450.
- LIU B., A survey of credibility theory, Fuzzy Optimization and Decision Making, 2006, 5, 387–408.
- LIU B., Theory and practice of uncertain programming, Phisica Verlag, Heidelberg, 2002.
- LIU B., Toward fuzzy optimization without mathematical ambiguity, Fuzzy Optimization and Decision Making, 2002, 1, 43–63.
- MAHOMED S., MCKOWN A.K., Modelling project investment decisions under uncertainty using possibility theory, International Journal of Project Management, 2001, 19, 231–241.
- MEDAGLIA A.L., GRAVES S.B., RINGUEST.J.L., A multiobjective evolutionary approach for linearly constrained project selection under uncertainty, European Journal of Operational Research, 2007, 179, 869–894.
- REBIASZ B., Fuzziness and randomness in investment project risk appraisal, Computers and Operations Research, 2007, 34, 199–210.
- REBIASZ B., Interactive fuzzy numbers arithmetic in financial analyses, Operation Research and Decision, 2008, 1, 61–83. (in Polish).
- SANTHANAM R., KYPARISIS G.J., A decision model for interdependent information system project selection, European Journal of Operational Research, 1996, 89, 380–399.
- SEITZ N.E., Capital Budgeting and Long-Term Financing Decisions, USA, South-Western College Publ., 2004.
- SEVASTJANOV P.V., RÓG.P., Fuzzy modelling of manufacturing and logistic systems, Mathematicsand Computers in Simulation, 2003, 63, 569–585.
- WARD T.L., Discounted fuzzy cash flows analysis, [In:] 1985 Fall Industrial Engineering Conference Proceedings, 1985, 476–481.
- YANG T.I., Simulation based estimation for correlated cost elements, International Journal of Project Management, 2005, 23, 275–282.
- ZADEH L.A., Fuzzy sets as a basis for a theory of possibility, Fuzzy Sets and Systems, 1978, 1, 3–28.
- ZULUAGA A., SEFAIR J., MEDAGLIA A., Model for the Selection and Scheduling of Interdependent Projects, Proceedings of the 2007 Systems and Information Engineering Design Symposium, University of Virginia, 2007.
Publication order reference