Kim jest Głogowski?
Who is Głogowski?
Languages of publication
Wojciech Głogowski (born in 1967 in Wrocław) is the author of ‘Quart’’s layout and numerous artistic publications executed for the Museum of Architecture in Wrocław. However, above all he is a painter – educated in Plastic the Education Section in Kalisz under the guidance of prof. Tadeusz Wolański. Głogowski is a co-founder of the Society Open Atelier (1995) active in Kazimierz, a district of Cracow. His painting from the mid 1990s was inspired by the classics of abstraction, but the fascination with Jerzy Nowosielski’s art came as the most important. Since ca. 2000 Głogowski has lived and worked in Wrocław. From then on his painting – showed within individual (2004, 2005, 2009) and collective exhibitions (2008) at the Open Atelier and the Zderzak Gallery in Cracow – has evolved towards figural compositions. New iconography – technological ‘retro’, influence of Andrzej Wróblewski’s figurativeness, as well as fascination with the culture of Wrocław of the turn of 19th century – together with the topics chosen by Głogowski, construct the paintings with a quizzical narration. The mood of his painting depends also on his technological quest – the artist reconstructs the qualities of bakelite and he usually chooses heavy dark ranges of colour. Głogowski keeps in touch with the painters from the Open Atelier, with Ignacy Czwartos, Jacek Dłużewski or Krzysztof Klimek to name just a few. The Society was also represented by Grzegorz Sztwiertnia and Robert Maciejuk at the exhibition ‘Polish painting of 21st century’ (Zachęta National Gallery of Art, Warsaw 2006) and in 2007 during the exposition ‘Open Atelier – Offenes Atelier, Zeitgenössische Kunst aus Krakau’ [Contemporary Art from Cracow] (Erfurt, 2007). Wojciech Głogowski’s individuality however, demonstrates itself in nostalgic, sensual art. The artist – who is aware of the sources of his painting and admits the prime role of a traditional technique – might be called ‘a Day-Dreamer’.
- J. Michalski, Centrala, „Znak. Miesięcznik”, nr 644, styczeń (1)2009
- A. Pieńkos, Malarstwo już dziś się nie broni..., [w:] Malarstwo polskie XXI w. / Polish Painting of the 21st Century
- A. Duncan, Art Déco, London 1991
- A. Morawińska, Malarstwo naszego dopiero co rozpoczętego stulecia..., [w:] Malarstwo polskie XXI w. / Polish Painting of the 21st Century, [katalog wystawy], red. A. Morawińska, Zachęta Narodowa Galeria Sztuki 2006
- Art Déco w Polsce, [katalog wystawy], wstęp i red. S. Krzysztofowicz-Kozakowska, Kraków 1993
- A. Jarosz, Malarstwo Wojciecha Głogowskiego, „Format. Pismo artystyczne” nr 49, Wrocław 2006
- Otwarta Pracownia. Kraków 2003, [katalog roczny], red. J. Hanusek, Kraków 2003 (edycja zrealizowana w 2004 r.)
- J. Michalski, Refleksje nad malarstwem, [w:] Malarstwo polskie XXI w. / Polish Painting of the 21st Century
Publication order reference